No announcement yet.

I wouldn't be surprised if coWARD retires

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wouldn't be surprised if coWARD retires

He knows his days are numbered and the judges can't save his ass forever.

Stevenson, kovalev 2, bertabiev and plenty more killers at 175.

One of them is going to realize this dude has nothing and walk through him and render him prone and quivering on the canvas.

His "unbeaten since 15" is gonna end real soon

I imagine Virgil is already whispering in his ear.

"Time to hang em up champ. Time to hang em up"

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums! View Post
    He knows his days are numbered and the judges can't save his ass forever.

Stevenson, kovalev 2, bertabiev and plenty more killers at 175.

One of them is going to realize this dude has nothing and walk through him and render him prone and quivering on the canvas.

His "unbeaten since 15" is gonna end real soon

I imagine Virgil is already whispering in his ear.

"Time to hang em up champ. Time to hang em up"

I couldn't agree more...

He doesn't want the rematch with Kovalevv, but since he's contractually obligated to fight him nextt, before he can take on any other fight, he'll likely just retire...

Sorry Ward, no more Alexander Brands for 2 million dollar paydays... You MUST fight Kovalev next, or hang 'em up!

Balls in your court, champ! LOL, he thinks he has "options," no, you coward, you have to rematch the man who rightfully beat you already.

Comment

Or he can retire to avoid the rematch and once the rematch clause date has passed, un-retire the next day just like Floyd did to avoid the De La Hoya rematch.

Comment

Beterbiev is a poor-mans Kovalev/GGG, old euro that turn pro to late. Kovalev fans are mad because they know Drizzy chin is official and has the heart of Lion...and Stevenson is the true King of 175 but I'm going to keep it 100 hes old and If Kovalev couldnt KO Dre then what makes anyone think Stevenson can outbox S.O.G? there no competition for Andre he might as well jump to HW -- forget Cruiserweight that's a horrible division.

Comment

Ward isn't going to retire. He genuinely believes he can do better in a rematch.

Comment

I like Beterbiev but he doesn't jab enough to beat Ward. I also saw some things against Johnson that suggests he'd struggle with Ward's overall movement due to balance issues. Bad stylistic match up, Ward will maintain distance, pick his shots and keep range with a consistent body attack/jab.

Kov has a great body jab, he employed it very well against Chilemba, he lost the battle of body jabs to Ward. If he can't win that battle, I don't think Beterbiev can. He certainly has a punchers chance, he'll have to come out gunning for a ko. Once this gets to 4 rounds Ward will have completely adjusted.

There are some other guys out there, but still I favor Ward due to styles. Some of the younger fighters still need to mature.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
              Beterbiev is a poor-mans Kovalev/GGG, old euro that turn pro to late. Kovalev fans are mad because they know Drizzy chin is official and has the heart of Lion...and Stevenson is the true King of 175 but I'm going to keep it 100 hes old and If Kovalev couldnt KO Dre then what makes anyone think Stevenson can outbox S.O.G? there no competition for Andre he might as well jump to HW -- forget Cruiserweight that's a horrible division.
              Kovalev didn't land one solid power shot just cuffing blows

Comment

Kovalev didn't land one solid power shot just cuffing blows
                Whos fault is that? he had ten rounds to finish the job but guess what?! Wards defense was even sharper after the knockdown so what does that tell ya?

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                  Whos fault is that? he had ten rounds to finish the job but guess what?! Wards defense was even sharper after the knockdown so what does that tell ya?
                  Not much about wards chin

Comment

Not much about wards chin
                    If Kovalev bust your grill with that 'Cuffing' shot you be slept.

Comment

Working...
                    X