Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why can't Rigondeaux get any of these 6 fights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why can't Rigondeaux get any of these 6 fights?

Rigondeaux facing any of these guys would be big fights; Frampton, Quigg, Santa Cruz, Selby, Mares, Cuellar or Magdaleno.

Aside from not wanting to face him which is obvious, what are some of the promotional, network and business roadblocks as to why these fights can't happen.

Rigondeaux is already 36-years-old, 36 well preserved years but non the less 36. He probably has another 2 or 3 years left in his pro career.
    They are all scared of Rigondeaux
    30.00%
    Promotional, Network, Business
    50.00%
    Weight Issues or Money Issues.
    20.00%

Too good for his own good while bringing nothing to the table. No one fights for pride anymore. He should of jumped at the chance when Loma was around though.

Comment

Mainly scared, partially the money thing. There seems to be no plan either, imo he should build on the Dickens fight, build his name in the UK, follow the Brits into Featherweight, try and force things a little at least

Comment

cause he put himself into a shitty position. People have to make their money back. He demands too much and is not worth it so no one goes out of their way to accomdate him cause who cares they can make money elsewhere. You think if rigo was a huge draw and generated tons of money those 6 fights and many more wouldnt be knocking on his door nonstop?

Like I said he did it to himself.

Comment

He brings no money, no fans and a tough day at the office.

He also doesn't seem to care. He's been given plenty of opportunities to shine and he's laid eggs in all but one of those opportunities.

Comment

People forget he is 36 probably even older and he's past his prime, would actually love to see him vs choclotito cause he will get ko'd fighting at a higher class

Comment

Like Angel Garcia says.

"He's old shoes, nobody cares about him anymore".

Comment

money talks. fighting Rigo doesn't pay like it should

Comment

I think its a lil of all of them.

Rigo has lil appeal to the networks. And hell all the Cuban fighters seem to have lil or just not as much appeal as they should have cuz they are basically fighters without a country in the US. Plus I don't think the Cubans in Miami are supportive of boxing/boxers like the PR's in NY are of PR boxers so there isn't even much of a niche market for them.

Then you get into Rigo being too good for his own good &/or making virtually everyone he fights not look good which is gonna get anyone thinking twice about fighting him cuz catching a L sucks worse nowadays than it ever has + looking stupid in the ring is gonna get you gif'd to death potentially like Nonita was after his Rigo L.

And finally Rigo feels he's the best guy in his division, & **** in boxing at large for that matter, & rightfully so thus he's not going to be a fan of taking the short money he's likely to have to take to get some of these fights. To go along with that I think he gots a team behind him who aren't the most boxing business savvy guys to have behind you so are doing Rigo no favors in their representation of him. I also got no idea wtf Roc Nation has done for him since they signed him last year or f#ck at this point idk if he's even still with Roc Nation.

So all in all Rigo is pretty much f#cked & will likely get taken out like Pernell Whitaker, who arguably never legitly lost a fight til Tito, at a later age & slowed down a bit to make him more human. The best Rigo can probably hope for is he gets paid off for those L's in his future. All that said I suspect Rigo will make an excellent trainer one day if he can put his elite level boxing science into words & motivation.

Comment

Loma called his bluff and he started pricing himself out. Meaning, if the others do the same Rigo would start making A-side demands as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X