Overrated and hyped?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by buckfuddy View Post
    Lomachenko being better is doesn't make Walters a bad fighter
    This. Some of you cats gotta realize being 2nd best or even 10th or 12th best doesn't mean you aren't a exceptional boxer. Catching a L doesn't mean you are overrated or a hype machine. Some of you guys need to quit being so black or white about boxing ****. There's way more interesting & dramatic things happening in the grey areas of boxing anyway.

Like the poker analogy goes concerning game selection says if you are the 10th best player in the world, but are sitting at the same table as the top 9 players in the world you aren't gonna make any money.

And for excuses I'd suggest Walters coming off a nearly year long layoff to fight a guy many feel is the future #1 P4P guy wasn't the best decision. I mean I've had a couple debates with cats saying Ward wasn't reallllllly ready for Kovalev & would beat him much easier next time cuz he'd only had like 2 tune up fights & nearly a year to prepare for him this time lol. So using that logic Walters never had a f#cking chance. I definitely believe ring rust is a thing even if its only a psychology thing & it surely woulda been a decent bet to make that Walters does better had this fight had happened when it was initially planned or if Walters had a fight before it to get tuned up.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      I based my high opinion of Walters on his impressive KO of highly regarded Donaire at a time when Donaire was really kicking ass and was high on most pound for pound lists. I expected Loma to beat him. I didn't expect Walters to quit but Loma outclassed him and really beat him up badly.Walters isn't as good as I thought he was but Loma is even better than I thought.
      Walters was never that amazing or good of a fighter. Just a solid fighter nothing more.

His victory over donaire came at a time when donaire was pretty much washed up. He took a bad loss to Rigo that affected him mentally and then followed it up with a victory over Darchinyan in which he took a lot of punishment in. So by the time Walters got to him he was a done fighter mentally and physically.

Walters is an ok solid fighter but some of y'all people got carried away with his hype just because he beat donaire who is Pinoy so there it's like beating pacquiao, since a certain urban demographic hates Pac.

Anyways Lomo did to Walters what a superior fighter does to an inferior fighter.

Comment

He was just beat up by a superior fighter

Comment

Working...
        X