Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When Has a Fighter Ever Mocked his Opponent Like That?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    If you meant it as a literal question, Rigo has done the same thing. In MMA, Anderson Silva took it a few steps further, and Fabricio Werdum is the KING of trolling opponents.
    And, then there's this;

I'm sure some turd will take this post as an attack on Loma somehow so I have to add this disclaimer; Loma is wonderful.
    i remember playing fight night round 2 on my ps2 and mayorga has that same hair color

Comment

Werdum is a real character. These aren't even his best but it gives you an idea;

LOL. I saw another clip where he cut a guy and then pointed to the cut eye on his own face. WTF? Haha. Very funny though. Not a big MMA fan, but I'd watch this guy for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
        LOL. I saw another clip where he cut a guy and then pointed to the cut eye on his own face. WTF? Haha. Very funny though. Not a big MMA fan, but I'd watch this guy for sure.
        ^Yes, ha ha. I was looking for that one. Glad you saw it. Who the fk feigns concern for the opponent during the fight as a way of demoralizing them? You've got to have a unique sort of thought process for that to even cross your mind in combat.

Back to Loma, I'd love to see him use a bit more psychological taunting in the future. I'm a HUGE fan of that aspect of the sport (not specifically taunting, but combat psychology).

Comment

If you meant it as a literal question, Rigo has done the same thing. In MMA, Anderson Silva took it a few steps further, and Fabricio Werdum is the KING of trolling opponents.
          And, then there's this;

I'm sure some turd will take this post as an attack on Loma somehow so I have to add this disclaimer; Loma is wonderful.
          Mayorga was hurt by that last hook...his legs were rubber when he did that dance.

Comment

Crawford kind of did the same thing to Postol. Just sat in a corner inviting Postol forward and Postol wanted none of it. Just stood there watching while Crawford taunted him.

This Loma performance was basically the same stunning thing that Crawford did this year. So exciting to have 2 young fighters that good bursting on the scene.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
              Mayorga was hurt by that last hook..
              I've always thought the same. That one rattles his skull, makes him take a step back to collect himself and playfully shake it off, and then he gets back to business.

Comment

Comment

^Yes, ha ha. I was looking for that one. Glad you saw it. Who the fk feigns concern for the opponent during the fight as a way of demoralizing them? You've got to have a unique sort of thought process for that to even cross your mind in combat.

Back to Loma, I'd love to see him use a bit more psychological taunting in the future. I'm a HUGE fan of that aspect of the sport (not specifically taunting, but combat psychology).
                  Yeah, I never have paid a lot of attention to it, but obviously it gets into an opponent's head and also amps up the crowd. Calzaghe did a lot of this and made his fights even more fun than they were. And of course, we have to give loads of respect to Ali. He was the pioneer of this stuff, as far as I know.

Comment

The most mocking thing that I remember comes down to four words. Lets see who remembers where they came from.

"I like Mike Vick"

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
                      Yeah, I never have paid a lot of attention to it, but obviously it gets into an opponent's head and also amps up the crowd. Calzaghe did a lot of this and made his fights even more fun than they were. And of course, we have to give loads of respect to Ali. He was the pioneer of this stuff, as far as I know.
                      Ah! How could I forget Mr Calzaghe!?

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post

Yes, good call. The Diaz bros deserve mention.
                      The "Stockton Slap";

Bit of trivia for those who don't know, Nate Diaz ^ has trained with Andre Ward.

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                      i remember playing fight night round 2 on my ps2 and mayorga has that same hair color
                      Ha ha! Nice. I've got one of those (don't remember which). Gotta dust it off. Fun stuff.
                      Last edited by Redd Foxx; 11-28-2016, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X