Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't ever compare Lomachenko to Roy Jones Jr....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't ever compare Lomachenko to Roy Jones Jr....

I read a few articles or watched some interview where people were comparing Lomachenko to Roy Jones Jr.

Are these people dumb?

A prime RJJ could hit you from across the ring, throw ryu type uppercuts, clown his opponent then knock their ass out. Jones was also a entertainer. He would put on a show while he boxed circles around his opponent.

Prime RJJ was a beast. For those that must've forgot, let me refresh your memory.

Who is this guy Lomachenko again?

I love the comparable natural gifts of the two

Comment

ones got a chin, one hasnt...

Comment

i like lomachenko but who ever compared him with roy are simply ******ed.......lomachenko will never be a roy jones jr. like you said roy jones fought more like a street fighter character......

Comment

Roy Jones Jr is a perfect fighter, speed, power, and skill

Comment

Originally posted by crazyboy867 View Post
            I read a few articles or watched some interview where people were comparing Lomachenko to Roy Jones Jr.

Are these people dumb?

A prime RJJ could hit you from across the ring, throw ryu type uppercuts, clown his opponent then knock their ass out. Jones was also a entertainer. He would put on a show while he boxed circles around his opponent.

Prime RJJ was a beast. For those that must've forgot, let me refresh your memory.

Who is this guy Lomachenko again?
            Loma is a guy with 7 pro fights...your comparing him with absolutely prime roy. That in itself is giving loma props.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
              Loma is a guy with 7 pro fights...your comparing him with absolutely prime roy. That in itself is giving loma props.
              Actually, he's discrediting people who are making the comparison, not legitimizing it.

I'm one of the few willing to give Loma a chance to prove himself and not just either dismiss or overhype him. Some people are ignoring his talents, others are acting like he's a modern legend, even though he hasn't actually done much of anything as a pro yet. If he's half of what they say he is, I look forward to seeing it tonight.

Comment

Well, tonight we find out if Lomachenko warrants the hype

Comment

Originally posted by Godsfly View Post
                  i like lomachenko but who ever compared him with roy are simply ******ed.......lomachenko will never be a roy jones jr. like you said roy jones fought more like a street fighter character......
                  Who wins tonight? Walters?

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    Actually, he's discrediting people who are making the comparison, not legitimizing it.

I'm one of the few willing to give Loma a chance to prove himself and not just either dismiss or overhype him. Some people are ignoring his talents, others are acting like he's a modern legend, even though he hasn't actually done much of anything as a pro yet. If he's half of what they say he is, I look forward to seeing it tonight.
                    Fighters seem to get get crazy hype these days...social media etc has made fighters way more accessible. I don't care about any of that...i just like what i like. He's done and seems intent on doing more than any other fighter at the same point of their career that i can recall. He has a good attitude and seems to truly want to prove he's the best...that along with his undeniable talent is enough for me.

Comment

Working...
                    X