Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WARD: "Now I've seen the best of Kovalev, the rematch will be a LOT different".

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Graz View Post
    Agree. You will see a much more aggressive Kovalev. He's not going to leave it up to chance this time.
    You think Kovalev left it up to chance this time? I think Kovalev was putting forth a good effort. I thought both guys put forth a good effort. I don't buy that Kovalev didn't see the best Ward, but I think a boxer learns more from a fight about how to win a rematch than a puncher does thus there is a edge to boxers in the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      I don't buy that Kovalev didn't see the best Ward.
      You think this was the best Ward; the Ward from the Super 6?

Regardless of who you were going for, it's only fair to say fighting Smith, Barrera and Brand in the last 3 years is no kind of preparation for Kovalev.

It was enough for Andre Ward to get the win because of how skilled he is. But this wasn't the best Andre Ward we could possibly see. Prime Andre Ward stops Elton Brand or whatever his name was like he stopped Shelby pudwill.
      Last edited by Chollo Vista; 11-26-2016, 12:40 PM.

Comment

This time Kov's going for the kill.

Comment

I think Ward is right. I'd bet if you looked up the stats of boxers vs punchers where the boxer won the first fight he wins the 2nd fight a overwhelming majority of the time.
          Why do you assume Ward is the better boxer?

Kovalev outboxed him and showed he has stellar boxing skills. They looked to be on par in the skills department. Dre had no answer for Kovalev's jab.

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
            You think this was the best Ward; the Ward from the Super 6?
            I think it's the best Ward today. Can't time machine an old Ward to today.

Comment

I think it's the best Ward today. Can't time machine an old Ward to today.
              I'm going to put it to you like this.

An Andre Ward that would've had 2 more fights before he fought Kovalev, would've kicked Kovalev's ass worse than he did and that knockdown in the 2nd round never happens.

Anyone who thinks that a fighter can't shake off rust by having additional fights before a big fight is delusional. Anyone that thinks the Andre Ward we saw last Saturday has peaked and can't get any better is delusional

The Andre Ward that beat Kovalev was damn good. But the more active Ward with a few more fights under his belt, without any layoff's more than 7 months, is even better.
              Last edited by Chollo Vista; 11-26-2016, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Kovalev will beat him again.
                This dude got a gift decision and is acting like he won 9-3 and made it look easy.

Instead of being humble and talking about things he needs to fix
                He and his corner of hunter are being boastful trying to make themselves Think they are better than they really are.
                85% of the planet thinks ward lost.
                The only ones defending ward are black people who are biased towards black fighters. Get outside of that box and real fight fans saw kovalev get robbed .

There isnt anything different ward can do .
                Last edited by Jc8804; 11-26-2016, 01:38 PM.

Comment

You think Kovalev left it up to chance this time? I think Kovalev was putting forth a good effort. I thought both guys put forth a good effort. I don't buy that Kovalev didn't see the best Ward, but I think a boxer learns more from a fight about how to win a rematch than a puncher does thus there is a edge to boxers in the rematch.
                  I think Kovalev thought he had a comfortable lead with the KD in round 2 and that was his undoing. I personally don't think Ward did enough to win but one can also say that Kovalev didn't either. Having said that you have the best "Panda" video on the site

Comment

Originally posted by Silky-Flow View Post
                    In a new interview with TMZ HERE Ward speaks confidently about a potential rematch.

Ward says..

TELL EM DRE!!

And I totally agree. Technical masters like Ward gain knowledge of their opponent with each round that goes by. That's why he got better as the fight wore on. Now he's had another tough twelve rounds to shake off more rust. And has tasted all Kov has to offer, I think the rematch could be bad news for our Russian friend tbh!!..
                    Cool story bro.

And I totally disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Dyson View Post
                      This time Kov's going for the kill.

He'll let you down again...even worse.

Comment

Working...
                      X