No announcement yet.

Why does U.S ppv cost so much??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
    Isn't any fight of slight significance on PPV in australia? I don't think that's better than the US.

Not really, nearly all of the British ppv we get for free on fox sports...only fighter from Europe on ppv in aus is Klitschko.... if it's ppv in America it's ppv in Aus just a lot cheaper... we get most of the pbc fights,, i pretty sure the only pbc fights we don't get are the ones on spike..
    The only fights we get ripped off on are the Mundine fights and now Joseph Parker fights are ppv...I'm not really happy bout Parker I don't no how they can justify charging $49 for a Parker fight when say kovalev/ward is $29 doesnt really make sense to me

Comment

Originally posted by Scary_canary View Post
      Is Australia you could get kovalev-ward on hd ppv for $29aud
      Mayweather/pac was $49
      Americans get ripped hard
      In Argentina we watched Kov-Ward on regular cable.
      And Mayweather-Pac on free tv. The gobernment bought the rights of the fight.

Comment

The cost to pay the fighters here....

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
          buts taht only cause their no money down their to be made off ppv, so they do the next best thing and sale a license for it.

Same reason some fights are PPV in the UK but not in the US cause theirs no money for that fight in the US for ppv but instead of making no money they license it and make whatever they can off the licensing.

Comment

Originally posted by !!WAR KOVALEV!! View Post
            buts taht only cause their no money down their to be made off ppv, so they do the next best thing and sale a license for it.

Same reason some fights are PPV in the UK but not in the US cause theirs no money for that fight in the US for ppv but instead of making no money they license it and make whatever they can off the licensing.
            Yep, you're correct.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
              I wanna move to Argentina lol

Comment

The answer is simple, because 200k+ people (to stay respectful) are still shelling out $70 to "support the sport." So, if a promoter still see sales then why stop, right? They're making money so keep on putting PPV's on for $70.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary_canary View Post
                  I wanna move to Argentina lol
                  Not sure you want to O_O

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
                    50-75 dollars for utter junk.

My UK buddy was saying they rarely have PPV over there and if they do it's around 20$.

Streaming fights is low video quality but surely a better option than paying for low quality sport.

Piracy is at an all time high, while you are unable to order PPV via internet cable- are marketing gurus for HBO this unbelievably antiquated?

The sport is withering before our eyes and we see 60$ **** PPV's???what is this????
                    If it's a US fight with the time difference...it will air at 2 am or later in the UK so few people are going to spend money to watch it a that time and the market would be tiny. So...the US providers sell it to UK providers for cheap who then include it in for free with their premium TV package.

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
                    Since it's not illegal to talk about it, it's called Acestream and If you maybe go on Reddit and check for streams you might just find a good quality of 720p and sometimes you will get 1080p the full on 1080p tends to be for big fights I believe I watched it on 720p which you can hardly tell much of a difference!

I'd sure as hell wouldn't be paying no $69.99 for that absolute joke of a PPV event last weekend lol, hell no!
                    A PPV event costing that much should be stacked to the brim with quality fights and there should be no show casing of youths fighting fxcking bums!
                    Yup...Acestreams and Reddit can get you anything in HQ.

Comment

Working...
                    X