No announcement yet.

The most respected P4P list TBRB moves Ward to #2 P4P

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
    I like the list but I have to argue again, why is GGG ahead of Canelo?
    Pound for pound started so we could distinguish who is a better fighter at different weight classes. If a lightweight is better boxer/fighter than heavyweight (not if the heavyweight would beat the lightweight, of course he would).

Boxers at the same weight do not need p4p list as they can settle this in the ring.

Conelo chose to avoid GG like the plague (have this belt, maybe fight in 12 months).

Therefor GG goes above conela on the hypothetical list because a ****** hypothetical list should not be needed!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mc,Lovin View Post
      But where do you place golovkin?
      number 1 at present, could change over the weekend. Kovalev would have been number 1 most likely if he officially got the win against ward.

Comment

Crawford is a 2-weight lineal champion, that counts for something. He's top 5 on TBRB, The Ring, and ESPN, so he's doing something right. Gamboa and Postol are top shelf wins.

Rigondeaux hasn't fought a soul in 3 years. Literally not one fighter I've ever heard of from 2014-2016. I'm fine with him not being on the list.

Lomachenko will enter the list if he beats Walters this weekend. I think TBRB could slot him as high as #6 depending on how he looks.

Estrada shouldn't be on the list. He was inactive for over a year before his last fight. I'll take Thurman and, despite their reputations, Garcia and Stevenson, over Estrada.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
          number 1 at present, could change over the weekend. Kovalev would have been number 1 most likely if he officially got the win against ward.
          Why do you have him over everybody?

Comment

Originally posted by Mc,Lovin View Post
            Why do you have him over everybody?
            In my opinion hes the most dominant champion of any weight class, and has never ducked any fighter in his weight class, which is why he is my pound for pound number 1 currently.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
              In my opinion hes the most dominant champion of any weight class, and has never ducked any fighter in his weight class, which is why he is my pound for pound number 1 currently.
              Rigo is all that and then some

Comment

Originally posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
                Lol nice try,its P4P list doe,not your speculations list. Hugh
                P4P is speculation man. Not only can no-one agree on the list, no-one can even agree on how to define or measure P4P. Basically you can just list your favourite fighters if you want and nobody can 'prove' you wrong.

Honestly, I don't get why people bother with it. Utterly. Meaningless. Bull****.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                  P4P is speculation man. Not only can no-one agree on the list, no-one can even agree on how to define or measure P4P. Basically you can just list your favourite fighters if you want and nobody can 'prove' you wrong.

Honestly, I don't get why people bother with it. Utterly. Meaningless. Bull****.
                  What i mean Koba,is that current P4P ranking is based on resume ,it can be based on speculation and Then its your private list

Comment

Originally posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
                    What i mean Koba,is that current P4P ranking is based on resume ,it can be based on speculation and Then its your private list
                    Which one is based on solely on resume then? The Rings? TBRB? The only ones based solely on resume are computerised ones like Boxrec - and even they are dependent on algorithms which are inherently fail to represent the nuances of wins and losses. And then there's always arguments over the relative 'strength' of divisions, the weighting given to historical wins and how well they represent how good a fighter is 'right now'.

What you don't seem to get is that P4P isn't a real thing, except in the rare cases of elite guys in the same division there is no real way of comparing fighters so everyone's list is different. Why, for instance do the Ring have Loma and Rigo right up there when they're nowhere to be seen on the TBRB list?

How, exactly, do you define P4P? That is probably the best way of starting a discussion. In general the question I'm asking is 'who would win, right now, if the two guys were the same size?', although this is by no means the only way to look at the debate. What's your take?

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                      Which one is based on solely on resume then? The Rings? TBRB? The only ones based solely on resume are computerised ones like Boxrec - and even they are dependent on algorithms which are inherently fail to represent the nuances of wins and losses. And then there's always arguments over the relative 'strength' of divisions, the weighting given to historical wins and how well they represent how good a fighter is 'right now'.

What you don't seem to get is that P4P isn't a real thing, except in the rare cases of elite guys in the same division there is no real way of comparing fighters so everyone's list is different. Why, for instance do the Ring have Loma and Rigo right up there when they're nowhere to be seen on the TBRB list?

How, exactly, do you define P4P? That is probably the best way of starting a discussion. In general the question I'm asking is 'who would win, right now, if the two guys were the same size?', although this is by no means the only way to look at the debate. What's your take?
                      Its impossible to tell who will win if they are same size ,i think its not good criteria.

I would say resume is most important in judgeing fighters achivments in sport ,ofc like you said ,when they beaten this guys and how,not resume on paper (It would be stiupid)

Then eye test ,its speculation again (only resume is thing we can be sure about, thats why its important ) ,in case of Loma and Rigo we know they are skilled ,am careers and couple of fights on pros we saw are saying a lot but i understand why someone dont have Them in P4P list cuse they didnt achived much in a pro sport .how fighter deal with other styles etc.

Now why i rank Canelo over GGG in P4P is his resume and eye test ,his skilled in offence and defens ,is more experianced in pros ,faced veteran boxers like Floyd and Cotto and learned ,imo Canelo is improving like not Many fighters does ,after schooling many fighters are even worst or not learn **** ,Ginger is self developing and its showing he know his game and mistakes .

My P4P fighter is faceing good comp ,is skilled in many departaments ,is learning on his mistakes ,is achiving in a sport .

Both are P4P in this criteria ,Canelo higher imo

Comment

Working...
                      X