No announcement yet.

The most respected P4P list TBRB moves Ward to #2 P4P

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
    Golovkin. His resume isn't good enough for a top 10 fighter.
    Your resume doesn't have to be best to be pfp top ten.

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
    I like the list but I have to argue again, why is GGG ahead of Canelo?
    Because most think gig beats nelo and stops everyone jello fought. Also nelo scared to fight gig and not ready. How can you be better than someone your not ready for?

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post

Because most think gig beats nelo and stops everyone jello fought. Also nelo scared to fight gig and not ready. How can you be better than someone your not ready for?
      Lol nice try,its P4P list doe,not your speculations list. Hugh

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
        Way overstated on here tbh. Smaller fighters often do well early before succumbing later on to the bigger fighter. Not uncommon at all. They have the advantage in speed and mobility and that counts for a lot early. See Brook vs GGG or Khan vs Canelo for example.

Top wins for both guys:

Crawford: Postol, Beltran, Burns

GGG: Lemiuex

Decent wins:

Crawford: Gamboa, Dulorme, Jean, Lundy.

GGG: Murray, Macklin, Ishida, Geale, Brook.

I was pretty generous with a lot of those decent wins for both guys, but the edge in top wins clearly goes to Crawford.
        Burns and Beltran as a top win?
        I think I'd give Gamboa in that mix just to give him an extra one, Burn and Beltran to me are nothing more than overachievers but beating Gamboa is like GGG beating Brook but honestly I think Gamboa is a very talented little guy better than Brook but he couldn't hold a candle to the weight that he fought Crawford at he was clearly way too small, we at the very least could say Brook was the same weight or heavier than GGG fight night and that height differences weren't too drastic.

For me P4P is:
        How you've beat your opponent (Entertainment value)
        Where you beat your opponent (Home/Away/into their territory)
        Quality of opponent faced
        Many title defenses unbeaten
        Seeking to unify a division

So first one Crawford impresses sometimes but not all of the time, his first PPV event and he puts on a stinker so minus 1 to him there.

He has fought once in Glasgow against Burns so props to him there he could have maybe got robbed but I assume Arum wouldn't have put him there if he expected that but still GGG has fought in countless many different countries from Britain, Germany, Ukraine, France, Panama, Kazakhstan, Denmark and USA this goes to GGG easily.

Opponents faced this relates to one of the points below but he has fought some skilled opponents but for me he hasn't seeked them like the guy I'm putting ahead of him plus just like some slate GGG for not moving to 168, TC didn't move to 147 to make the Pac fight I'd put them on equal terms and it's not like Terence Crawford is a small guy for 140 he could easily make 147 I'd say he is fighting under his natural weight unlike GGG.

Title defense clearly neither has been beaten so equal once again.

Unifying a division that is something Crawford has never, ever done which relates to quality of opponents faced you want to build a fierce resume well you hold all the belts that you can at a division because when you do that it's you who has a red dot painted on your back, Crawford has only ever held one belt at a time whereas GGG holds all but one all because BJS doesn't want to fight him clearly another thing that goes to GGG.

Overall GGG nor Crawford have anyone as overhyped as a Ward on their record but both have some good wins it's just simply a matter of GGG being way more impressive in his approach than Crawford.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
          Burns and Beltran as a top win?
          I think I'd give Gamboa in that mix just to give him an extra one, Burn and Beltran to me are nothing more than overachievers but beating Gamboa is like GGG beating Brook but honestly I think Gamboa is a very talented little guy better than Brook but he couldn't hold a candle to the weight that he fought Crawford at he was clearly way too small, we at the very least could say Brook was the same weight or heavier than GGG fight night and that height differences weren't too drastic.

For me P4P is:
          How you've beat your opponent (Entertainment value)
          Where you beat your opponent (Home/Away/into their territory)
          Quality of opponent faced
          Many title defenses unbeaten
          Seeking to unify a division

So first one Crawford impresses sometimes but not all of the time, his first PPV event and he puts on a stinker so minus 1 to him there.

He has fought once in Glasgow against Burns so props to him there he could have maybe got robbed but I assume Arum wouldn't have put him there if he expected that but still GGG has fought in countless many different countries from Britain, Germany, Ukraine, France, Panama, Kazakhstan, Denmark and USA this goes to GGG easily.

Opponents faced this relates to one of the points below but he has fought some skilled opponents but for me he hasn't seeked them like the guy I'm putting ahead of him plus just like some slate GGG for not moving to 168, TC didn't move to 147 to make the Pac fight I'd put them on equal terms and it's not like Terence Crawford is a small guy for 140 he could easily make 147 I'd say he is fighting under his natural weight unlike GGG.

Title defense clearly neither has been beaten so equal once again.

Unifying a division that is something Crawford has never, ever done which relates to quality of opponents faced you want to build a fierce resume well you hold all the belts that you can at a division because when you do that it's you who has a red dot painted on your back, Crawford has only ever held one belt at a time whereas GGG holds all but one all because BJS doesn't want to fight him clearly another thing that goes to GGG.

Overall GGG nor Crawford have anyone as overhyped as a Ward on their record but both have some good wins it's just simply a matter of GGG being way more impressive in his approach than Crawford.
          Burns and Beltran were two of the top guys in his division at the time. He beat both clearly. GGG only has Lemiuex in that category imo. Maybe not his fault, but its just the way it is.

The fact you take into account entertainment value when assessing P4P tells me all I need to know really.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post

The problem with some people on here is that they buy into hype how much attention someone gets so by beating an attention whore you get a lot of hype look what happened when Maidana beat Broner I'm certain Chino fired up the rankings and the P4P list and he was on a lot of the P4P lists that are slating GGG for not having impressive wins well all I gotta say is Broner is not as good as you thought he was.

Comment

Burns and Beltran were two of the top guys in his division at the time. He beat both clearly. GGG only has Lemiuex in that category imo. Maybe not his fault, but its just the way it is.

The fact you take into account entertainment value when assessing P4P tells me all I need to know really.
              Relevant fighters are all entertaining why do you think people loved the 80's and 90's way more than the current era?

Comment

crawford has the best recent win out of anyone in contention when you take into account manner of victory. both gonzalez and ward have a lot of people who believe they lost their last fight (i personally thought gonzalez won but ward lost). i would put crawford at #1 right now if i was overly concerned with being "objective"

but since i'm not, my top 3 is lomachenko, rigondeaux and gonzalez, with usyk on standby

also, it's been more than a year since estrada's last proper fight so if rigo is dropped for inactivity then he should be too
                Last edited by NEETzsche; 11-24-2016, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Relevant fighters are all entertaining why do you think people loved the 80's and 90's way more than the current era?
                  Thats fine mate. If you want to make up a definition of what P4P means and make your list then go for it. But you cant expect to have a debate with anyone about it or have anyone take your list seriously.

Personally, I give more credit to the most boring fighter. Miguel Vasquez is my P4P TBE.

Comment

Thats fine mate. If you want to make up a definition of what P4P means and make your list then go for it. But you cant expect to have a debate with anyone about it or have anyone take your list seriously.

Personally, I give more credit to the most boring fighter. Miguel Vasquez is my P4P TBE.
                    Lol Miguell is the biggest Lightweight i remember,dude is huge.

TBE

Comment

That black privilege not kicking in to their ranking makes you upset doesn't it, poor little guy must be bad being so insecure.
                      Who's talking about Black fighters? I'm not black or brown anyway so shut your racist ass up cornball always thinking about race and color. The best black fighters are already there, Ward and Crawford

Comment

Working...
                      X