Collapse
No announcement yet.

JDJ should leave kovalev.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it's just the language issue. Jackson gives the detailed instructions to the guy who spends most the minute speaking to Kovalev, then once that's out of the way Jackson gives a few last second basic instructions.

Clearly Kovalev listens to Jackson, because he carries out gameplans very well and his improvement as a fighter is very clear.

Comment

Kovalev listened to him well enough to win the fight in the opinion of most viewers. Why would he want to leave perhaps the best PFP boxer in the world?

Comment

This thread is ridiculous lol

Comment

Name some other big stars JDJ is training? Probably just a language barrier. He won't leave unless he gets fired.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
            Idk...Kovalev is the highlight of his training resume. He shouldn't quit a job without having a backup plan lined up. He's not Robert Garcia that has a huge stable of promising up and comers.
            True, but its more about pride than money. and like i said i don't think he cares a huge deal about money.
            It's humiliating surely...it reminds me of ronnie davies in Eubank jnr's corner, he has accepted the fact he is basically paid to be a waterboy...

The difference is Jackson is still highly respected and this has to strike a nerve for him surely...

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
              I don't know what kind of relationship they have but it's possible and makes sense if JdJ just tells the other man what to tell Kovalev when be comes back to avoid wasting time with translations. Kov looked really focused and it's possible he just wanted to hear the instructions and didnt want to bother hearing a language foreign to him in the heat of the moment.

Might be wrong though but as far as I know they have each other's back. Not all trainer/fighter combos are the same. Some guys need a lot of instruction and thus a good trainer for them is someone with that type of personality. Some fighters do best if you just let them loose and let them do what comes natural after preparing well in camp. I wouldnt read too much into it unless JdJ gets fired. Abel and Kov was just a personality thing. Both too Type A and their personalities njst couldn't mesh well enough.
              This is what I thought all along. JDJ already had the Russian guy ready to go in the corner and he just told Kovalev instead of all that translating. You get precious seconds between rounds. There's no time to waste. And hey, Kovalev is his meal ticket right now. No way he leaves and why should he?

Comment

Actually, JDJ and Kovalev doesn't like each other, it's obvious if you look at his Russian interviews, Kovalev said that JDJ didn't gave him nothing as trainer (except for, maybe, Hopkins fight) and he don't have a gameplan for his fights. He's stubborn

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
                  Actually, JDJ and Kovalev doesn't like each other, it's obvious if you look at his Russian interviews, Kovalev said that JDJ didn't gave him nothing as trainer (except for, maybe, Hopkins fight) and he don't have a gameplan for his fights. He's stubborn
                  ....so why does Kovalev keep him? Why not fire him and start working with someone he feels can make him better.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
                    ....so why does Kovalev keep him? Why not fire him and start working with someone he feels can make him better.
                    He said he got used to do everything by himself and considering his boxing experience, he doesn't think that other trainers can teach him something new. Something like that. He listens more to his old Russian trainer from his hometown

Comment

Working...
                    X