No announcement yet.

The Official: "SOG" Ward vs "King" Kovalev II Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
    Ward pulled out all the tricks in the book to squeak out a questionable win!

Kov didn't throw body shots till the last round and it really affected Ward and I expect JDJ to instruct him to come in behind the jab and unload bodyshots as his will do more damage and take Ward's legs late!

Ward showed a chin and toughness never before and had to dig deeper than he ever has against a p4p top elite opponent in his prime!.

Didn't expect Kov to be the better boxer on the outside but it will pay huge dividends in the rematch as now Kov knows Ward can't stop him from the outside and to also push for the KO more this time around instead of just boxing!

Going with Kov
    I disagree with the pulling out all the tricks in the book part, but the rest I agre with.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
        Ward showed a chin and toughness never before and had to dig deeper than he ever has against a p4p top elite opponent in his prime!.
        lol Even Ward said Kovalev wasn't his biggest challenge

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
          Do you Belive Him?

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
            Pure gamesmanship by Ward... it's like Pascal saying Kovalev didn't punch as hard as Froch. Kovalev put Ward in places he had never been before.

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
              Pure gamesmanship by Ward... it's like Pascal saying Kovalev didn't punch as hard as Froch. Kovalev put Ward in places he had never been before.
              Exactly this. Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
                Do you Belive Him?
                Of course not, he's posturing.

Comment

Can't wait for this fight. Kovalev is going to hurt Ward. Badly.

Comment

If Kovalev hires a real conditioning coach, Ward has nothing for him...easy W...I don't know if Kovalev is pulling the kind of money to prioritize that...but his management should do everything in their power to get him one.

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
                      If Kovalev hires a real conditioning coach, Ward has nothing for him...easy W...I don't know if Kovalev is pulling the kind of money to prioritize that...but his management should do everything in their power to get him one.
                      Yea, Ward's in real trouble when the rematch comes around.

Comment

Working...
                      X