Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official: "SOG" Ward vs "King" Kovalev II Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah a shame, I really think Ward was on his way to a cleaner knockout and the replays show that right hand upstairs killed the dude but the shots after that not so clean. Kovalev looked finished, but it shouldn't have ended this way tho. Oh well.

I think Ward woulda laid Kov out sooner or later the way that round was going, too bad they have to leave room for excuses with a more questionable stoppage.

Anyway was a very fun fight up till then
    Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 06-17-2017, 11:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny2x2x View Post
      100% agree with this. Kovalev was done and was about to go out, but that was a poor stoppage unless Weeks heard or saw Kovalev indicate he was done.

Low blows? Close, but those were on the belt which is legal. Ward was clearly going to win that fight, bad ending, but he deserves the W.
      Exactly, Kovalev's trunks were up a bit high as well, the fact is Ward knew he had his number and was going in for the kill. Krusher's fans must feel pretty crushed at this point...

Comment

• Can't wait to see super zoom shots of all the "low blows" becoming legit all at the sudden... Kovalev got schooled in that round... Plain simple... I doubt his brain can make up to that one...

But I would have prefered a clean floor finish... That would have been cool ...

Comment

• Tony Weeks robbed us of seeing Kovalev laid out in the next round. smh.

Comment

• Still tho Kovalev after 5 round was really tired, just like last fight. He got hurt by straight hand not by bodyshot, thus terrible ref. Dude is in bussines for decades and cant judge top tier fight unbiased ? Damn

Comment

• Originally posted by asgarth View Post
              Some punches in the last sequence were low. The stoppage was also very weird, should have done a count, but still Ward figured Kovalev out.
              He had the timing down to get inbetween Kovalevs punches. He anticipated most of Kovalevs punches and also used clinches to stop Kovalev from getting work in.
              The more interesting aspect was that Kovalev couldnt adapt at all. He used very good feints to get Ward to react, but after a couple of rounds, he couldnt land clean on Ward, was pushed around on the inside and looked really rattled by Wards bodypunches.
              This...............

Comment

• 2 low blows are 2 too many. These pro Ward guys need to acknowledge that... terrible job by weeks

Comment

• lol only 8% of people in this thread predicted a Ward KO

Comment

• Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                    3rd to last was low

Next 2 looked clean, not 100% sure
                    I agree.

The first two looked borderline but clean. Can't really tell about the last one.

However the stoppage by Weeks was terrible. It robbed Ward of getting a conclusive win. This is why I'm always harping about the refs needing to let the fight play out, let us get a definitive ending.

Comment

• Ummm. I think Ward may have been starting to take over, but the earlier nut shot and then those two shots which looked clearly below the belt on replay.... ****. I guess hoping for a uncontroversial end to this rivalry was too much to hope for. Sad thing is I think Ward would have won without that ****, but now... like another poster mentioned it just leaves a bit of a bad taste. And yeah. The stoppage? Waaay too soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X