Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bellew vs Ward? irony of HBO and Creed, is it tchotchke?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bellew vs Ward? irony of HBO and Creed, is it tchotchke?

Cruiserweight WBC. I mean the characters are real world Champs. Who would've thought in boxing, film fiction? Beneficial to general fans?

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
    Cruiserweight WBC. I mean the characters are real world Champs. Who would've thought in boxing, film fiction? Beneficial to general fans?
    Tony Bellew still has to cut a good amount of weight to even get to 200lbs (after spending his career doing a beyond ridiculous cut to get down to 175lbs); Andre Ward likely has to watch what he eats, but I doubt that Ward missed out on much nutrition while getting to 175lbs.

Ward's likely got a good 3 prime years left in him (before slippage really sits in; my guess is that he stays at 175lbs through near all of that), but I do see a 34-36 year old Andre Ward lining up at least a couple fights at/near 200lbs (if he does go forward with the bulk up, I don't see his frame really being able to handle much more than basically 200lbs anyway).

Still, you never know; Bellew could end up picking off a title at some point (with the move towards consolidation by the WBC/WBA/IBF, the WBO and regular WBA could end up floating around), and it may just make sense for both guys (Ward features in Creed 2, after Bellew featured in Creed, and you can look toward Madison Square Garden in NYC as relatively neutral ground).

Comment

Working...
    X