No announcement yet.

For those who said he'd headbutt and clinch Did Ward earn your respect

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 12TRIBEsRiSe View Post
    Kov clinshed alot in this fight and not one complaint??????????
    they wanted something to whine about...bet they never expected it would be kovalev clinching bwhahahahahahahahahhaahahahhaahahaha

Comment

I really want to know where this huge adjustment was.

I felt the latter rounds of the fight were about split. Never saw any major adjustment from Ward, he seemed tentative the whole fight. Kovalev also controlled space and walked him down all fight..

What adjustment??

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
        I really want to know where this huge adjustment was.

I felt the latter rounds of the fight were about split. Never saw any major adjustment from Ward, he seemed tentative the whole fight. Kovalev also controlled space and walked him down all fight..

What adjustment??
        1) so you didnt see ward start to move laterally to the right to take away kovalevs right hand and double jab(instead of parrying it, it would slip it and counter with one of his own instead of try to outjab him)

2)Kov started with head locks early, ward began to come in behind high gloves and instead of engage to clinch he let his hands go to the body

3) Kov was winning the jab contest early on but Ward started countering kovs jab with subtle slips to his own right and slipped in uppercuts and hooks to the flanks

4) instead of fight mid range or outside at the end of kovs punches he would circle

5) the counter jab disrupted the rhythm kov had from earlier and the feints

Comment

After getting stunned in rd 1 and knocked down in rd 2 and standing on the end of kovalevs punches, he started to lunge in head first. Kovalev kept catching him in a headlock though and he stopped.

He went back to the pittypat in the clinch strategy and I guess the judges counted those as punches, for the same reason (paid off) that they counted roc nation prospect maurice hookers punches that missed perez by several feet.

Comment

I think that Ward only landed 1 or 2 headbutts basically because Kovalev was able to lock his head. I dont know the clinchcount but its probably 3 digits.

Respect? Well he got the win in a close fight that most people thought Kivalev won. Yank officials all the way. Its like Sven Ottke.

Ward gets my respect when he rematches Kovalev in Russia with russian officials.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
              After getting stunned in rd 1 and knocked down in rd 2 and standing on the end of kovalevs punches, he started to lunge in head first. Kovalev kept catching him in a headlock though and he stopped.

He went back to the pittypat in the clinch strategy and I guess the judges counted those as punches, for the same reason (paid off) that they counted roc nation prospect maurice hookers punches that missed perez by several feet.
              These white boyz don't know bout dat sweet science dawg!

Comment

Originally posted by Hype Job View Post
                He was nullifying Ward's spoiler tactics of bullrushing in head first down low.
                ward wasn't coming head first he came low with a high guard and kov held to stop it, its okay bro it was actually a good game plan only thing is there are no complaints of it after months of saying that's all ward would do, that's whats funny to me.

Comment

Ward rushed in with his head a lot, and Kov had the perfect defense for it. He didnt allow for the rough tactics that most do

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                    how did kovalev look IYO...he had no second gear?
                    He looked good. It was a solid points victory but he got robbed.

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                    you do realize Kov was doing most of the clinching, head locks and tying up....right
                    No, that's false. Ward initiated most of the clinching. That isn't very important, though. I didn't even think the fight as such was especially marred by clinching. There were plenty of good exchanges too, and other things to look for.
                    Last edited by Weltschmerz; 11-21-2016, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                      I think that Ward only landed 1 or 2 headbutts basically because Kovalev was able to lock his head. I dont know the clinchcount but its probably 3 digits.

Respect? Well he got the win in a close fight that most people thought Kivalev won. Yank officials all the way. Its like Sven Ottke.

Ward gets my respect when he rematches Kovalev in Russia with russian officials.

Well put, Bat.

Comment

Working...
                      X