Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's talk about Round 10

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gave the 10th to Kov based on him landing the cleaner shots.. But it was a close round...

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
      Uhhh it's clean EFFECTIVE punches. It's why if I land 5 pitty pat pinches and someone else lands one clean hard right hand they win the round. Ward landed the majority of the clean and effective punches in the 10th.

effective is subjective.

power isn't what makes a punch effective necessarily.

If I throw a soft jab to hide a straight right that lands flush, the soft jab was an effective punch - because it setup the straight perfectly. It's both an effective punch and a sign of ring IQ as well.

Your example of "if I land 5 pitty pay punches and someone else lands one clean hard right they win the round" is false, at least that's not a rule. Judging is subjective, and I don't score it that way at all personally. The one hard right has to be a monster punch for it to swing the whole round his way off of it. I would give the nod to the guy who landed softer shots in more volume, especially if he was also controlling the pace of the fight, and the distance.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
        From the scorecards posted in the scorecard thread, a quick glance shows that of the 56 scorecards posted to date, 50 of them have Kovalev winning the 10th.
        That makes sense. I think it was Kovalev's only decisive round in the second half of the fight.

Comment

Round could have gone either way, same as several other rounds. For me I saw this as a clear Ward round.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
            Uhhh it's clean EFFECTIVE punches. It's why if I land 5 pitty pat pinches and someone else lands one clean hard right hand they win the round. Ward landed the majority of the clean and effective punches in the 10th.
            Ward started all right, but as soon as kellerman and Roy started the *******bing of Ward, Kovalev soon started outboxing the sht outta Ward and shut them up, landing the jab at will and even landing a similar right hand to the one in rd 2.

Rd 10 is not up for debate you ******s, clear Kovalev round.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
              That makes sense. I think it was Kovalev's only decisive round in the second half of the fight.
              Yeah mate, i think it was the sole one i scored for him.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                It doesn't matter how much power you think it had dummy, that's the point. clean landed punches count. There is no "if" about it.

And if i'm delusional for scoring (a razor close) fight a way you didn't/disagree with then half of the boxing world/public is delusional.
                They didn't have power because they weren't clean lmao. Ward on the other hand landed the clean effective shots that repeatedly snapped Kov's head back.

You fools were crediting him with missed shots like RJJ did at the end of round 9, "Good combo by Kovalev", when in reality he landed 0 punches lmao. The slow mo is here to expose you fools "b-b-but it looked like it landed in real time!"

Same thing happened in round 10, can't make it up lmao. Bow down to the 175 King

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                  Ward started all right, but as soon as kellerman and Roy started the *******bing of Ward, Kovalev soon started outboxing the sht outta Ward and shut them up, landing the jab at will and even landing a similar right hand to the one in rd 2.

Rd 10 is not up for debate you ******s, clear Kovalev round.
                  Show us the punches he landed in round 10, I just posted the vid, it shouldn't take you more than 1-2 mins to end this debate.

Like I said, he was getting credited for missed shots, RJJ credited him with a missed combo at the end of round 9, just as they did in round 10, just as they did so many times throughout the fight.

Comment

Ward won round 10, only an idiot says Kovalev did, he was hitting air

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                      Show us the punches he landed in round 10, I just posted the vid, it shouldn't take you more than 1-2 mins to end this debate.

Like I said, he was getting credited for missed shots, RJJ credited him with a missed combo at the end of round 9, just as they did in round 10, just as they did so many times throughout the fight.
                      It shouldn't, I should just have to point you to the damn round and if you'd bother to pay attention and stop being a biased **** you should be able to see that kovalev was hitting him almost at will with the jab. So what now, am I supposed to make 10+ gifs to show you every punch that landed in that round?

Comment

Working...
                      X