Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev Promoter Extremely Disappointed' in Referee Byrd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kovalev was putting Ward in headlocks in close because he can't fight inside Bryd did a good job stop crying Kathy

Comment

i thought byrd did great.

Comment

Byrd did an OK job working the flight he had some poor moments but pretty much the fight kept moving but he is no Hall of Fame referee , never was...

Comment

They would get close and Kovavlev kept trying to hold him so Ward couldn't punch. But Ward kept getting an arm free and kept nailing Kov's body over and over again as Kov was trying to hug him.
          Duva is pissed because Kov does not know how to tie an opponent up. Maybe instead of crying, Kathy should find her guy a trainer that can show Kov how to clinch.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
            Duva should shut the **** up. If she wasn't so naive she would have known this would happen picking a black referee for a top level title fight involving a black fighter. I'm not saying it always happens, but it happens plenty. Byrd took care of the fighter he viewed as one of his own, I imagine, as dumb as that is. But Duva should have seen it coming after May-Pac.
            Lol when all else fails just start the race bait game... You guys are pathetic I guess you missed all the guillotine head knocks krusher was doing? He initiated more clinches then Ward last nite after talking all that crap about breaking wards arm.

Comment

Byrd was perfect last night. He let both guys work inside. Kovalev can't play innocent here, it was very clearly part of his strategy to grab hold of Ward to neutralize him inside. Byrd let them carry out their strategies without crossing the line into ruining the fight. The fight was better for that approach.

Comment

but kovalev is the krusher doe..why he let chicken legged ward muscle him around? tell him to do something about it..sore losers

Comment

Oh my goodness, are people really saying the ref did a good job????????????????

You're sick in the head is all I can say. Follow your cheating dirty clinching chump Ward all the way to hell where you belong. You're absolute scum!!!!

That ref should be banned for life for letting Ward wrestle not stop. That's not boxing or fighting, it's a tragic insult. Kovalev was the one trying to box and fight clean but Ward wouldn't allow that. What a stinkfest. What an eyesore. Boxing is done.

And then to top it all off, Kovalev gets robbed just like Perez before him.

Anyone who liked Ward last night needs to **** off and watch roman wrestling where Ward clearly belongs. That was disgusting corruption.

Comment

Originally posted by rrayvez View Post
                    If anything Kovalev seemed to be the one initiating the majority of the holding. Anytime ward tried to get inside on him Kovalev would either put him in a head lock or grab his left arm.
                    Kovalev was trying to combat Ward constantly bending at the waist and clinching. People like you should be shot for thinking that was Kovalevs fault. Ward always does this. Everybody was talking about his cheating for months leading up to the fight.

Get the hell out of here.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                      I thought Byrd did a hell of a JOB! He stayed out of it and let the fighters work it out. This wasn't like a Klitz. fight where Klitz does one punch and grabs the guy and wants to jump on his shoulders the entire fight. These guys both had and inside game and were CONSTANTLY fighting each other on the inside. Sht Maidana WISHED he had this Ref instead of Kenny "Mayweather Bayless. Everytime Maidana even LOOKED at Floyd he was getting shoved back by Bayless.
                      That was not inside fighting you delusional bubble head. That was grappling.

But you favour the black American. Predictable.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Comment

Working...
                      X