Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Gets Off The Floor, Decisions Sergey Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Now I understand that you Kovalev stands don't follow certain aspect in the fundamental judging criteria of the sport of Boxing such as defense and ring-generalship so I made it easy for you guys "

BUt you don't reward kovale for his defense. He got hit less than ward. Ward ran, that's not good defense

Comment

• My take on why ward won

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
      kovalev won that
      Ok, many people think Kovelev won the fight but let me tell you why he did not. It takes Elite top Judges to see what Ward was doing and did. There is a difference between a hold and a clinch. Ward, being an elite fighter when inside when able was moving his hands pounding Kovalev's Body.
      Then one second after they break (if the ref did not say break) Ward popped Kovalev with a fast hook to the head.
      Body Blows are Power punches and should count. Also to be sure he would not be called for a low blow when inside he was low and he punched hardest with the hand on the opposite side of the ref's view. This is also commanding a fight or Ring Generalship and Only an elite fighter who has got elite Judges and a excellent referee can do this and Ward did. Second, when you talk about Ring Generalship that includes the intangibles that are specific and different in every fight. When Ward was stunned in the first and knocked down in the second most were thinking we are headed for a short night. No, Ward being the Champ he is fought back and found a game plan that did frustrate Kovalev. He will get any close round from 3 on just for showing that determination. Also, while Kovalev seams to have massive power it seems like it is in his right hand only. Does he have a left hook? or uppercut? NO and he got in with a fighter who knows how to work off his opponents weakness in this case he circled away from the right even though a right handed conventional fighter usually likes to move to his left. Ward out thought Kovalev real bad. Kovalev was one dimensional and that was to stand straight up follow a guy all over the place and just try to land that big right. He has done that to many but when this came to the cards again that hurt him too. Ward was just a better thinking mans fighter and was not dirty as it takes two to Tango. He was smarter and faster.

Comment

• Last edited by Pocket Dogs!; 11-22-2016, 02:11 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

ROUND 3.

ROUND 4.

ROUND 5.

ROUND 6.

ROUND 7.

ROUND 8.
          Make sure to scroll down to the bottom.

I start off with rounds 3 through 8 because I gave Kovalev the first and second rounds so we need over six to at least make a valid argument that this was not robbery. ( I should be done with this tomorrow with the rest of the rounds. )

Now I understand that you Kovalev stands don't follow certain aspect in the fundamental judging criteria of the sport of Boxing such as defense and ring-generalship so I made it easy for you guys : I focus on the notable clean punches ( from both participants since thats all you are concern with right? ( of course...) and even gave your boy Kovi a break and included the punches that met Ward at the end of the punch and just grazed him -- I could of cut them out but that would interrupt the flow and surely you would of suspected that I'm trying to deny him points, not so....I trust you are honest and understand what clean punching is so please use your acute discernment in reviewing these clips...and try to be fair.

Note: that Kovalev initiates much of the clinching early on the fight but as Ward starts to get the better of him in that department he relents as the fight progresses. I also like to point out that If I included Wards proficient/masterful display of defense in making Sergay look foolish missing by a mile trying to hit the mark and much more ring-generalship I'm sure the true pugilist of this board would appreciate such skill but I'm dealing 'Krusha fans doe' so wootz da point?...please remember I am being generous to this broken down rusted euro-bot made in Cami-Russia.
          bwahahahahahahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by SugarRaRobinson View Post
            U can't gauge by that nonsense, Dre light skinned so he always looks knicked up. He looked worse to me after the Barrera fight and he dominated that one.
            Ward light skinned you'r right bro.

I forgot Kova was as ebony as Edison Miranda....my mistake

Comment

• Originally posted by SugarRaRobinson View Post
              Can't argue with much of that as Kov does wane in latter rounds as Dre pounded the body. I just don't see Kov abandoning the body again. And if Dre has to worry about body/head instead of just head, we may see a different outcome. I just watched the fight on YouTube and I couldn't see this being at the fight but watching it revealed to me that Jackson is a straight figure head who gets no real respect in the corner. He couldn't even talk until Kovs Russian coach finished talking for the first 30-45 seconds of the break. Sad situation for John Jackson
              I disagree.

I think in hard fight situation Kov doesn't want to make the effort to speak english and is more confortable dealing with his mother tongue.

Jackson is the man who prepares Kova, maybe not respected but without Jackson, Kova wouldn't be able to kick dre ass like he did (not saying Kova won but he busted up dre).

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
                Ward light skinned you'r right bro.

I forgot Kova was as ebony as Edison Miranda....my mistake

Comment

• Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

ROUND 3.

ROUND 4.

ROUND 5.

ROUND 6.

ROUND 7.

ROUND 8.

ROUND 9.
                  Make sure to scroll down to the bottom.

I start off with rounds 3 through 8 because I gave Kovalev the first and second rounds so we need over six to at least make a valid argument that this was not robbery. ( I should be done with this tomorrow with the rest of the rounds. )

Now I understand that you Kovalev stands don't follow certain aspect in the fundamental judging criteria of the sport of Boxing such as defense and ring-generalship so I made it easy for you guys : I focus on the notable clean punches ( from both participants since thats all you are concern with right? ( of course...) and even gave your boy Kovi a break and included the punches that met Ward at the end of the punch and just grazed him -- I could of cut them out but that would interrupt the flow and surely you would of suspected that I'm trying to deny him points, not so....I trust you are honest and understand what clean punching is so please use your acute discernment in reviewing these clips...and try to be fair.

Note: that Kovalev initiates much of the clinching early on the fight but as Ward starts to get the better of him in that department he relents as the fight progresses. I also like to point out that If I included Wards proficient/masterful display of defense in making Sergay look foolish missing by a mile trying to hit the mark and much more ring-generalship I'm sure the true pugilist of this board would appreciate such skill but I'm dealing 'Krusha fans doe' so wootz da point?...please remember I am being generous to this broken down rusted euro-bot made in Cami-Russia.
                  lol I can't people call themselves boxing fans and don't know how to score a fight

Comment

• ward ducked into that punch, so KK couldn't get his fist turned in time. Imagine what would have happened had he turned it - Ward sliding across the ring and into the laps of those biased judges.

Comment

• I hope kov knocks this ****erss head oof next time

What an embarrassment for boxing that night was

Comment

Working...
                      X