Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing is doooone..

What a joke score!!!

Comment

• Ward never landed enough to win that...turned it into a grappling match which in turn made it look like was doing ok...kovalev was the dominant fighter all through the fight and won 7 rounds plus the knockdown ... so it was a bad decision

Comment

• Originally posted by The toilet man View Post
        Ward never landed enough to win that...turned it into a grappling match which in turn made it look like was doing ok...kovalev was the dominant fighter all through the fight and won 7 rounds plus the knockdown ... so it was a bad decision

Comment

• Originally posted by ComicDon View Post
          Really because I felt round 10 was a one-sided round in favor of Kovalev.
          Just like R5

Comment

• Good fight overall that wasn't a robbery, but also wasn't reflected in the scores (I had a draw). More controversy and division in boxing to send the fans away questioning exactly what the governing factors are in the sport.

Whichever way you look at it, Ward came back well from the knockdown, but the true winner tonight was MMA, which doesn't have that many questionable decisions, Diva's or belts to dilute the level of competition.

Really looking forward to the rematch, but have the money men completely taken over? Is there a real possibility that Kov's outspoken views are not cost effective?. Boxing has declined over the last decade, due in part to certain fighters receiving more press than others, which conditions the casuals to recognise them above emerging talent and less bankable fighters.

Damn, I miss boxing.

Comment

• I don't know why anyone is surprised Ward won a close decision. The fight could have gone either way but the way Ward came back against a KO artist while moving up in weight, it's fitting that he gets the benefit of the doubt. Ward wins a rematch easily because there is no way he's getting dropped by a punch like that again. Kovalev is a good fighter but this fight proves there's a ceiling to his game. Ward fought like a champion and made Kovalev look ordinary. No robbery here but a lot of people are getting their feelings hurt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny Rubber View Post
                Good fight overall that wasn't a robbery, but also wasn't reflected in the scores (I had a draw). More controversy and division in boxing to send the fans away questioning exactly what the governing factors are in the sport.

Whichever way you look at it, Ward came back well from the knockdown, but the true winner tonight was MMA, which doesn't have that many questionable decisions, Diva's or belts to dilute the level of competition.

Really looking forward to the rematch, but have the money men completely taken over? Is there a real possibility that Kov's outspoken views are not cost effective?. Boxing has declined over the last decade, due in part to certain fighters receiving more press than others, which conditions the casuals to recognise them above emerging talent and less bankable fighters.

Damn, I miss boxing.

don't watch much MMA, but I don't have a clue who wins most of those fights unless someone gets KO'd or submitted

fk knows how they score MMA

Comment

• Originally posted by ComicDon View Post
                  Really because I felt round 10 was a one-sided round in favor of Kovalev.
                  Nah, 6-12 all Ward .
                  Kov got so frustrated at one point he tried to lift Ward up and literally throw
                  him out the ring!

😂 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Comment

• Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
                    I don't know why anyone is surprised Ward won a close decision. The fight could have gone either way but the way Ward came back against a KO artist while moving up in weight, it's fitting that he gets the benefit of the doubt. Ward wins a rematch easily because there is no way he's getting dropped by a punch like that again. Kovalev is a good fighter but this fight proves there's a ceiling to his game. Ward fought like a champion and made Kovalev look ordinary. No robbery here but a lot of people are getting their feelings hurt.

the rematch will be real tough for Kovalev

his problems will start in round 1, not round 6

good post !

Comment

• Typical affirmative action decision.

Comment

Working...
                      X