Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: George Groves Dominates Eduard Gutknecht Over Twelve

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dont see why groves didnt hit more to the body, seeing as the opponent likely struggled to make weight and had his right hand up high. I was waiting for the left hook to the body off the jab or somthing.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post

Horrible news ffs

"Worked on him until his condition stabilised" doesn't sound good.

Comment

I hope he's well for him and his family's sake. The last thing we need is more bad news overshadowing boxing aswell and the fight tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post

"Worked on him until his condition stabilised" doesn't sound good.
          Yeah, his corner need to take a serious look at themselves. The guy got beaten to a pulp round after round, they should've stopped it around round 9

Comment

Boxing began fearing another tragedy as George Groves’ badly beaten opponent collapsed in the Wembley Arena dressing room and was carried to an ambulance on a stretcher.
            Germany’s Eduard Gutknecht is believed to have needed resuscitating in the ambulance before he could be taken to the neurological unit at St Mary’s Hospital in west London.
            There were reports that the 29-year-old Gutknecht briefly stopped breathing and was drifting in and out of consciousness.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/box...ge-Groves.html

Comment

Jesus, I hope Gutknetcht is alright. It doesn't sound good though.

Comment

ref should have stopped it Idk if o'connor is a ref who lets it go a bit much but, there were times where it could have been stopped. Did he even warn him between rounds that its a bit one sided, to put some pressure on the corner.

Comment

Originally posted by knockoutkid View Post
                  ref should have stopped it Idk if o'connor is a ref who lets it go a bit much but, there were times where it could have been stopped. Did he even warn him between rounds that its a bit one sided, to put some pressure on the corner.
                  They still allow Terry O'Connor to ref fights?

He almost killed Nathan Cleverly by carrying to his corner after Kovalev had him KOed in the 3rd. Then he went out in the 4th and got knocked down again.

Comment

Obviously first thoughts are with Gutknecht and his family. For Groves though, it's another good win on his comeback trail. I hope he fights Chudinov for the vacant title, that would be a good fight. I'd favor Groves if it takes place

Comment

Working...
                    X