No announcement yet.

Is adonis Stevenson the worst champion ever in terms of defenses

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    1.. Bellew is a decent fighter but far from a notables defense...

2. Dawson wasnt a defense

3. Fonfara is mediocre and got severely overrated following the chavez victory
    Lightheavy has essentially been a two man division until recently. Fonfara, Bellew,Cloud,and Williams are all okay names.

Comment

Originally posted by frantic fighter View Post
      Lightheavy has essentially been a two man division until recently. Fonfara, Bellew,Cloud,and Williams are all okay names.
      Okay names, but if those are your best defenses over a few years then something is wrong...

Comment

the worst no doubt about it.and its not like chickenson didn't have a chance to prove himself he ducked all the credible fighters in the division kovalev hopkins pascal even ducked a rematch with fonfara who was getting in chickenson's ass in their fight.super b1tch is a fraud who should give up his belt he's no champion.

Comment

I disagree hopkins and pascal were in the division and he had a chance to fight both of them before kovalev snatched them up.those names are terrible what a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
            Okay names, but if those are your best defenses over a few years then something is wrong...
            He still isn't the worst by a long shot, though. Wilder since he won his title has made defenses against Molina,Duhaupas,Szpilka and Arreola. Kell Brook has Dan,Bizier,abd Gavin. I could actually find worse than those two, if I cared to look.

Comment

Originally posted by GMAN SUPREME View Post
              the worst no doubt about it.and its not like chickenson didn't have a chance to prove himself he ducked all the credible fighters in the division kovalev hopkins pascal even ducked a rematch with fonfara who was getting in chickenson's ass in their fight.super b1tch is a fraud who should give up his belt he's no champion.
              Great point about Pascal. Both are light heavyweights and both in Canada. Really no reason that couldn't have happened by now. Would have been more interesting than the Kovalev rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by GMAN SUPREME View Post
                I disagree hopkins and pascal were in the division and he had a chance to fight both of them before kovalev snatched them up.those names are terrible what a joke.
                Hopkins was pushing the big 5-0 and had already lost handily, twice* to the guy Stevenson one punched. Pascal had bouts of inactivity due to injuries since being handily defeated by Hopkins. Those guys would have been solid names,but the division was still only two deep at the top imop.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums! View Post
                  He's a young up and Comer with a long future in the game.

No need to rush this kid
                  exactly bro. he won't be 39 till next year

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                    exactly bro. He won't be 39 till next year

Comment

He still isn't the worst by a long shot, though. Wilder since he won his title has made defenses against Molina,Duhaupas,Szpilka and Arreola. Kell Brook has Dan,Bizier,abd Gavin. I could actually find worse than those two, if I cared to look.
                      This ^. I'm not a fan of Stevenson, and he seems to be a favourite whipping boy on NSB, but he's a good fighter - certainly a dangerous one, and that resume, whilst lacking in mainstream names is far from the worst ever.

EDIT: And at the end of the day, he has made 7 successful defences, how many fly-by-night trinket holders don't even make it that far?
                      Last edited by Citizen Koba; 11-18-2016, 02:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X