Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Defenses
    1st - 9-28-13 T. Cloud former IBF Light Heavyweight Champion
    2nd - 11-30-13 B. Bellew WBC Cruiserweight Champion
    3rd - 5-24-14 A. Fonfara beat the likes of Former Champ J. Chaves Jr and Two Time Champ N. Cleverly
    4th - 12-19-14 D. Sukhotsky medicore fighter beat the likes of N. Mohemedi and Never been stopped before
    5th - 4-4-15 S. Bika former WBC Super Middleweight Champion never been stopped
    6th - 9-11-15 T. Karpency top 10 at the time beat the likes of C. Dawson
    7th - 7-29-15 T. Williams Jr top 10 beat the likes of Y. Mach, C. White, and E. Rodirguez

so people really let the fact they don't like him cloud there judgement

Comment

I also don't think his record of defences is quite as bad as his critics make out, certainly mediocre but not terrible or one of the worst in the sport. Also the manner in which he has dealt with his opposition has msotly been impressive. He does badly need to fight the very best in the division though.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
        Great point about Pascal. Both are light heavyweights and both in Canada. Really no reason that couldn't have happened by now. Would have been more interesting than the Kovalev rematch.
        Stevenson-Pascal would make pretty good $$ in Canada and Stevenson isn't getting any younger.

Pascal tells it like it is here:
        https://youtu.be/RBV_y0uvug8

Comment

Originally posted by KeyboardWarrior View Post
          Stevenson-Pascal would make pretty good $$ in Canada and Stevenson isn't getting any younger.

Pascal tells it like it is here:
          https://youtu.be/RBV_y0uvug8
          Haha. He tore into him pretty good. I think Stevenson stands a good chance against any of the three. It's a shame he's wasting his career like that. I give Pascal credit though. He fought Kovalev twice and Hopkins twice. The guy isn't afraid of anybody.

Comment

I haven't heard/seen Beterbiev in a while. Him and Stevenson should fight, that'd be interesting and it's a potential passing of the title to a younger guy.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
              I haven't heard/seen Beterbiev in a while. Him and Stevenson should fight, that'd be interesting and it's a potential passing of the title to a younger guy.
              I think he had surgery for something,but he is definitely killing the momentum that he built up.

Comment

It's certainly uninspiring. That much I can say.

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
                  Defenses
                  1st - 9-28-13 T. Cloud former IBF Light Heavyweight Champion
                  2nd - 11-30-13 B. Bellew WBC Cruiserweight Champion
                  3rd - 5-24-14 A. Fonfara beat the likes of Former Champ J. Chaves Jr and Two Time Champ N. Cleverly
                  4th - 12-19-14 D. Sukhotsky medicore fighter beat the likes of N. Mohemedi and Never been stopped before
                  5th - 4-4-15 S. Bika former WBC Super Middleweight Champion never been stopped
                  6th - 9-11-15 T. Karpency top 10 at the time beat the likes of C. Dawson
                  7th - 7-29-15 T. Williams Jr top 10 beat the likes of Y. Mach, C. White, and E. Rodirguez

so people really let the fact they don't like him cloud there judgement
                  Agreed. Add to this....

He avenged his KO loss to Darnell Boone in 2013 the same year becoming lineal vs. Dawson whom people know for dropping Kovalev and Ward and beating Stevenson.

Rankings : according to the Ringmag.
                  #5. Tavoris Cloud -2013
                  #7. Andrzej Fonfara - 2014

And Like you pointed out Williams Jr. just dropped out of the top 10 after Stevenson KO him this year.

A year or two ago Jean Pascal passed on the fight but people blame Adonis for it and call him a duck.

Pascal (29-2-1, 17 knockouts) passed up a mandatory shot at Stevenson’s WBC title to face Kovalev (26-0-1, 23 KOs). - The Ring.

Comment

He killed the momentum in the division. I can't remember the lineage of the 175 lb title, but I remember it somehow passing to Adonis Stevenson through Chad Dawson. I can't remember how, but think it came about through Joe Calzaghe retiring. So Dawson won some form of vacant lineal title, which I totally disagree with, should never have happened. Adonis Stevenson is no more than a top five light heavy. A dangerous but aging fighter who cherry picks.

Comment

Originally posted by Scholar View Post
                      He killed the momentum in the division. I can't remember the lineage of the 175 lb title, but I remember it somehow passing to Adonis Stevenson through Chad Dawson. I can't remember how, but think it came about through Joe Calzaghe retiring. So Dawson won some form of vacant lineal title, which I totally disagree with, should never have happened. Adonis Stevenson is no more than a top five light heavy. A dangerous but aging fighter who cherry picks.
                      You wish lol!!! Calzaghe is trash he was never lineal...Adonis got it from: Dawson, who got it from Bernard ; who got it from Pascal.

Comment

Working...
                      X