No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jamie McDonnell Edges Liberio Solis To Retain WBA Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
    I did watch this fight Jamie only won 3 or 4 rds tops, he quite clearly lost this fight the commentary agreed across the board as well enough said you know you've lost when the biased British commentary had you losing as well.
    Actually no. The only one who had it for Solis was Johnny Nelson. And he wasn't even commentating. It was Smith and Bellew doing that.

After 8 rounds I had it 6-2 for Solis, but Jamie won the last 4 rounds.

Don't forget we had this bull**** in the second Kameda fight. The Americans had it wide for Kameda, while the Brits just laughed at you for being incapable of scoring a fight and being massively incompetent.

What was your score cared?

Comment

I saw the 1st round and the last 3 rounds. I had McDonnell winning the last 3 rounds and by all accounts he won the 9th. Did he really lose the first 8 rounds?
      In the last 3 rounds the more clinical cleaner shots were land by Mc and Solis swung and occasionally landed some harder shots.
      Just an aside, the Sky presenter is the most pessimistic depressive announce I've ever heard. last week HBO got on my nerves with their cheer-leading but this guy puts a downer on a whole show - he just went on and on about how bad the Ortiz fight was - it wasn't that good but this idiot droned on and on about how poor it was to the point that Johnny Nelson and Tony Bellew seemed lost for words.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
        Actually no. The only one who had it for Solis was Johnny Nelson. And he wasn't even commentating. It was Smith and Bellew doing that.

Don't forget we had this bull**** in the second Kameda fight. The Americans had it wide for Kameda, while the Brits just laughed at you for being incapable of scoring a fight and being massively incompetent.

That's what I just said - he won the last 3 rounds and by all accounts the 9th as he staggered Solis. Did he really lose the first 8 rounds? As you say - he won 2 of 8.

I saw both Kameda fights and the first one was a narrow decision and the second one was clearer victory. Like the people saying LSC beat Frampton - no way!

Been watching boxing for many many many years and never cease to be amazed how off judges have it - never mind fans.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
          That's what I just said - he won the last 3 rounds and by all accounts the 9th as he staggered Solis. Did he really lose the first 8 rounds? As you say - he won 2 of 8.

I saw both Kameda fights and the first one was a narrow decision and the second one was clearer victory. Like the people saying LSC beat Frampton - no way!

Been watching boxing for many many many years and never cease to be amazed how off judges have it - never mind fans.
          Yeah, I can't remember which 2 rounds Jamie won in the first 8, but he closed the gap in the last 4 to take a draw on my card.

Don't listen to some of the idiots in this thread, their scoring is always ****.

Comment

You're lying...
            Adam Smith and Tony Bellew both said they had Solis up ahead in their score-card, however I'm not too sure about Nelson I didn't hear him talk as much vocally as Smith and Bellew were, Bellew was making every excuse to try and have McDonell up whereas Smith was shock horror being realistic and non-biased.

I only gave McDonnell 3 rounds with one being even the rest for Solis who was blatantly dominant throughout the MAJORITY of the fight and that's what matters most the majority which Solis was undoubtedly.
            This was a home cooking show albeit it was in France the judges were obviously paid off the odds from the 11th round prove that to me no way in blue hell should McDonell be earning me less cash betting on him compared to betting on Solis in the last round, absolutely no god damn way!
            I'm really shocked at how some people can't see through this blatant as fxck robbery.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
              I saw the 1st round and the last 3 rounds. I had McDonnell winning the last 3 rounds and by all accounts he won the 9th. Did he really lose the first 8 rounds?
              In the last 3 rounds the more clinical cleaner shots were land by Mc and Solis swung and occasionally landed some harder shots.
              Just an aside, the Sky presenter is the most pessimistic depressive announce I've ever heard. last week HBO got on my nerves with their cheer-leading but this guy puts a downer on a whole show - he just went on and on about how bad the Ortiz fight was - it wasn't that good but this idiot droned on and on about how poor it was to the point that Johnny Nelson and Tony Bellew seemed lost for words.
              What clinical shots, you really need to watch closer...
              McDonell was constantly on the backfoot he was throwing shots where he never really set his feet planted (arm punches no body weight behind it) he was linear in his approach with 1-2's jabs and straights he was being countered off of his jab!!
              Solis was once again for the majority of the fight on the front foot, throwing more punches, landing more punches, effectively slipping and blocking punches compare their faces one was throwing power shots the other wasn't he wasn't at all!!
              You have to give close rounds to the aggressor who is looking to make the fight even in the last 6 rounds there is no way did McDonnell did enough.

This is the most god damn blatant display of a robbery the only people who could realistically defend this is the people who are close to McDonell but that is bias ruling your heart I'm a British (Scottish) citizen and I know what I seen I don't need to defend someone who lost and I won't ever do that I called B.S. on Ricky Burns getting the nod over Relikh and I'm doing it again with McDonell even worse robbery over Solis.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
                You're lying...
                Adam Smith and Tony Bellew both said they had Solis up ahead in their score-card, however I'm not too sure about Nelson I didn't hear him talk as much vocally as Smith and Bellew were, Bellew was making every excuse to try and have McDonell up whereas Smith was shock horror being realistic and non-biased.

I only gave McDonnell 3 rounds with one being even the rest for Solis who was blatantly dominant throughout the MAJORITY of the fight and that's what matters most the majority which Solis was undoubtedly.
                This was a home cooking show albeit it was in France the judges were obviously paid off the odds from the 11th round prove that to me no way in blue hell should McDonell be earning me less cash betting on him compared to betting on Solis in the last round, absolutely no god damn way!
                I'm really shocked at how some people can't see through this blatant as fxck robbery.
                Adan Smith had Solis winning, but not Bellew. He had Jamie by 2 points.

If you only had Jamie winning 3 rounds then your scoring needs to be worked on. It's poor.

How can it be home cooking when McDonnell wasn't fighting at home?

So that's the real reason you're claiming a Solis win, you bet on him? Well that's your fault because he didn't win the fight. He never lost either because I had it a draw, but hey, that's just the way it is in a close fight.

Comment

Eddie's promotions are losing credibilty with decisions like this. It's getting more frequent.
                  #shadyeddie

Comment

Adan Smith had Solis winning, but not Bellew. He had Jamie by 2 points.

If you only had Jamie winning 3 rounds then your scoring needs to be worked on. It's poor.

How can it be home cooking when McDonnell wasn't fighting at home?

So that's the real reason you're claiming a Solis win, you bet on him? Well that's your fault because he didn't win the fight. He never lost either because I had it a draw, but hey, that's just the way it is in a close fight.
                    Solis was blatantly ahead you absolute melt you don't know how to score a fight, Bellew said "You either like a style or you don't"
                    Well Solis seek and destroy tactic is the same one that Bellew has used in the majority of his fights funny how suddenly he doesn't like it when it's being implemented against his own countryman.

You have a clear case of rose tinted glasses going on everyone else agrees with this fight being a robbery and what do I mean by home cooking well Eddie Hearn is there in France he is by far the biggest promotional backer home cooking fair enough wrong word to use but my anger towards such a pathetic decision can excuse a mistake.

Every other Latin news journalist reporting is calling out the terrible judging and boxing Youtubers are calling it out for a robbery so who is right here you from Britain or the people who have aren't sharing the same nationality of either fighter?

I know how to score a fight you obviously don't and it most certainly wasn't close, not by any means no god damn way.

Comment

Funny how other respected Youtubers have the same scorecard as me but apparently I don't know how to score a fight

Comment

Working...
                      X