Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jamie McDonnell Edges Liberio Solis To Retain WBA Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jamie McDonnell Edges Liberio Solis To Retain WBA Title

Monte Carlo - WBA world bantamweight king Jamie McDonnell (29-2-1, 13KOs) was very fortunate to retain his world title over Liberio Solis (25-5-1, 11KOs), a former IBF world champion at super flyweight. The scores were 116-112, 115-113 and 117-111. Many at ringside, including the Sky Sports broadcasters, had Solis winning the fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I thought Solis was really going to pull away in that one, but Jamie came back in the second half to take a draw on my card.

Giving it as a UD was pretty much silly. It was a tough close fight. They should do it again to find a winner. Great fight.

Comment

They robbed Solis of being a 2 division champ what a shame I like McDonell but aside from hurting Solis with a left hook he didnt do much in the first 9 rounds and definitely did not win that fight even the commentators thought he won a shutout

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
        I thought Solis was really going to pull away in that one, but Jamie came back in the second half to take a draw on my card.

Giving it as a UD was pretty much silly. It was a tough close fight. They should do it again to find a winner. Great fight.
        Sorry but you weren't watching the same fight as everyone else was If you had that a draw Solis was a clear winner in this one.

Blinkers off this was a most definite robbery.

Comment

Did not watch but let's do the math here:

Matchroom event
          +
          McDonnell is a Matchroom fighter

All equals:
          Clear robbery

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
            Sorry but you weren't watching the same fight as everyone else was If you had that a draw Solis was a clear winner in this one.

Blinkers off this was a most definite robbery.
            I was watching the same fight. It was pretty much a fight of two halves... Solis the first, and Jamie in the second. So yeah that was my score card. A draw.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post

Matchroom event
              +

All equals:
              Clear robbery
              Jamie didn't win, but he didn't lose either. it was just a close fight. Which is why I had it a draw.

Comment

McDonnell got a gift both times over Kameda too. He's gotta be the most undeserving world title holder in boxing right now.

Comment

Yay! Another british robbery.
                  Defend those world titles at all costs!

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post

Matchroom event
                    +

All equals:
                    Clear robbery
                    I did watch this fight Jamie only won 3 or 4 rds tops, he quite clearly lost this fight the commentary agreed across the board as well enough said you know you've lost when the biased British commentary had you losing as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X