Comments Thread For: Jamie McDonnell Edges Liberio Solis To Retain WBA Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Conundrum View Post
    McDonnell beat Kameda twice, the second time clearly. Get over it
    The second of those fights was actually the bigger robbery. Kameda controlled almost the entire fight with ring generalship and clean, effective punching. McDonnell did little other than force out arm punches all night in an effort to look busier. Anyone who thought McDonnell won that fight simply doesn't know how to score a boxing match.

Comment

Jamie got lucky last night.
      I don't agree with him being given gifts against Kameda however. I thought he won a close first fight, and won the 2nd one quite clearly.

Solis deserves a rematch, but i wouldn't be surprised to see McDonnell move up and face Quigg next.
      Last edited by Chrismart; 11-13-2016, 10:30 AM.

Comment

McDonnell has had a really good career to be fair to him but you'll never look at him and think wow he's a top fighter but he's s deserving two time world title holder.

He did lose yesterday though and comfortably and Solis should be a champion now. First time I have seen him - he was a real buzz saw. That result was a real shame. I doubt Solis has a any major promoter behind him though so it probably won't get s rematch.

I think McDonnell vs Quigg has the potential to be an awful fight.

Comment

Paper Champions like McDonnell only exist because of corrupt judges.

Comment

Awful decision tbf, Solis should have clearly got the win

Comment

Working...
            X