No announcement yet.

HOLY SH** - Lloefler negotiating Golovkin vs Froch at Wembley

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by don larryx View Post
    Why does his team target old ass fighters?? its not about legacy it is all about money...why not challenge a prime young champion??
    I thought you wanted GGG to fight good fighters?

Froch beats any of the SMW out there in his first fight back so he's chasing the best guy. Now because he's not "young and prime", you're going to trash him? He may as well fight Callum Smith then. I mean he's young and in his prime right.

Let's not take skill level in consideration or anything.
    Last edited by Raonic; 11-12-2016, 01:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by don larryx View Post
      Why does his team target old ass fighters?? its not about legacy it is all about money...why not challenge a prime young champion??

like canelo, jacobs, quillin, ndam? challenge those guys huh?

eubanks? why don't they challenge him?

lemieux?

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        I'm stunned people are taking it seriously. No way this happens.

you can see it on their faces, one of them lost a dinner bet and they're just getting some publcity by pretending to be talking about the fights.

side note; ddie hearn is 37 years old. can't imagine being that successful at his age.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
          you can see it on their faces, one of them lost a dinner bet and they're just getting some publcity by pretending to be talking about the fights.

side note; ddie hearn is 37 years old. can't imagine being that successful at his age.
          Didn't he inherit that stuff from his dad or something? Or am I making **** up here in my head?

Comment

• Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
            LMAO. Frotch went from being a hall of fame legend to being an absolute tomato can and bum now that ggg wants to fight him. LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
            the last time froch fought ? strange that team 3g isnt in mays ear.

Comment

• Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
              Frotch would beat degale, ramirez, and jack.
              Froch was one of my favourite fighters and I wouldn't rule him out, but no man beats age, man. As far as Froch - GGG goes though I think Hearn and Loeffler are just messing. If Carl were to return for his 80, 000 fans at Wembley I wouldn't blame anyone who wanted a part of those £s though..

As far as GGG goes, hell, I would have prefered him to start looking to fight the top guys at 168 as much as 18 months ago, though I can see the rationale in hanging around at 160.

I think Zurdo is the most likely fight to happen out of the 3 you mentioned - the Network divide apart I'm guessing that without taking sides Loeffler won't be in any hurry to start negotiations with Haymon again after seeing how difficult the Jacobs fight has been. And there's always Fedor, (when and) if the WBA finally get their **** together to overturn the Sturm cheating and robbery... the kid's solid if unexceptional and would make a good first opponent at 168.

Comment

• FFS.... These SAME mufkers that say prime Froch from 5 years ago is a meaningless, overrated win for Ward are claiming that Froch, 3 years retired, 40, and with a reconstructed nose, will beat anyone at SMW today and is a legit fight for Golovkin. ......

Comment

• Froch missing the 80k at Wembley lol.

This fight will never happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                    Why shouldn't it be about money right now? Golovkin has been stymied for big name credible (and financially lucrative) opponents for the last several years. Gennady is in his prime right now and should be maximizing his worth. Also, Froch is a big time fighter and always rises to the occasion. He's no walk in the park, in fact he probably has a decent chance of winning.

Does this fight not get you excited?
                    Floydboys and the one ward fan want Golovkin to sit around forever. If Golovkin went to 168(maybe higher) for Froch he wouldn't come back to 160, what's a better introduction into the 168 division and better for the sport than a Froch-Golovkin war viewed by millions of spectators(probably a million ppv's) to build future fights between Golovkin and Degale or Jack or whoever that would actually fight him, and then we might get a mega-fight catch-weight of Golovkin vs Ward at 172.

Everyone is ducking him like the plague and all about "how about a year later" that never comes. The Froch fight would be a mega fight right around the corner(around june I'd wager) and should Golovkin win, Degale/Jack(who mayweather wants to throw in with Golovkin) will be jumping at the chance to fight him. Career finally moving forward. But no, it's always the same negativity in here.

The same guys that say Golovkin is just wasting time at 160 trying to chase guys that he will obviously squash are also against him moving up to 168 against Carl Froch, which rusted or not will be tougher than all those guys and Golovkin would be outsized, moving up possibly 8lb's+ to fight a heavier, longer man, does that not help balance out Froch's disadvantages?

It'd be a great fight and event to establish his probable beginnings at a higher weight class.
                    Last edited by SplitSecond; 11-12-2016, 06:09 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                      this is what i said would happen if GGG moved up, people still wont be happy.
                      Why dont they bring Hoyfield back same speed as Froch and probably stands there just the same , Froch was a statue in his prime now he would be sloth like .

Comment

Working...
                      X