Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are we okay with Crawford fighting Demarco scraps.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's okay with it? I just found out about it today.

Comment

Originally posted by CaneloMaidana View Post
      Molina has 6 losses including 44 second loss to Demarco. Now I'm not a fan but I don't dislike him but it's really irritating HBO fighters can fight Humberto Soto scraps.
      Stay busy fights have been a staple of the fight game since before either of us were born.. this fight is higher on the scale than stay busy fights like Garcia vs Salka.

Besides, Molina deserves a good payday after his win over Provo.

If Provo won would you have a problem with him fighting Bud?

Comment

funny to hear that crawford deserve an easy fight since he just fought a hard one against postol, but when manny almost got killed by marquez and his first fight back was against rios, the same posters was saying it was a cherry pick. funny. funny ass negros.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
          jesus christ, a canelomaidana thread i agree with. I hate this modern day thinking that if you fight someone decent, you can fight a bum next, or in many cases for the next few fights. It shouldnt give people a pass, this is a cherry pick whichever way its shaped, nd crawford is good enough to be fighting much better guys without having much difficulty. Fighting a good opponent doesnt excuse a fighter for fighting someone who cant fight back, especially if they won as easy as crawford did against postol. If it was a 12 round war then its a bit different.
          Explain willie monroe then

Comment

HBO guys get over hyped and under criticized

I'm a Crawford fan but let's be real he's been the clear favorite in every fight , his 2 tests were against a undersized Gamboa & a over hyped with 1 win Pistol and yeah Postil was the #2 guy but all the divisions big names had moved on so he got there by default

Comment

In today's current climate he could be fighting someone who has won the opportunity to fight him in a cereal box. At least Molina has mixed in world class and has held his own most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                Crawford fan here but I'm not thrilled about it at all. In fact, I expressed my disappointment because I thought we finally had a young champ who would not take softballs. I'll let this slide but if he does 2 in a row like a lot of these other guys do, expect me to turn on him. It's not like he's coming off a layoff or adjusting to a weight class. He only took a hard fight, you know, like champions are supposed to.
                I fear if he stays at 140 there's not gonna be much to choose from....
                I hope he can get up to 147 sometime next year and fight a Vargas or Porter type guy then some of the big boys....after a Manny fight of course.

Comment

Originally posted by don larryx View Post
                  Explain willie monroe then
                  Dude fought 4 times from 10-14 to 10-15 with Monroe sandwiched in there... Don't compare to guys who fight 2 times a year man.

Comment

well he did just beat the postol for THE junior welterweight crown and molina coming off what was probably the biggest win of his career isnt really a bad sort of "stay busy" opponent, especially should crawford get manny in the spring...

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                      I fear if he stays at 140 there's not gonna be much to choose from....
                      I hope he can get up to 147 sometime next year and fight a Vargas or Porter type guy then some of the big boys....after a Manny fight of course.
                      Yea, even after Postol I felt there wasn't much for him to do at 140. I'm not going to excuse him for that though. He's a future star, IMO, and he's going to have to go where the fights are at. He can wait and see if Mikey, Walters, or Loma will come up to fight him, but I really don't know anyone who is insane enough to go out of their way to fight Crawford. I think he'll keep busy at 140 for a year or so, then make the leap to 147, where the money fights have been for a while now.

Comment

Working...
                      X