No announcement yet.

The Official: "King Kong" Ortiz vs "King" Malik Scott RbR Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    Incredible. And, he can't claim it wasn't intentional because it's clear he used the headbutt to set up the right hand!
    I thought that was one of the two meaningful shots he landed the entire 36 minutes, that was dirty. Originally I thought it was a powering right over the top he caught him with, blatantly the replay suggests otherwise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott. Weiland View Post
      Originally I thought it was a powering right over the top he caught him with, blatantly the replay suggests otherwise.
      I'm pretty sure we all did. It certainly looked like Malik launched into a powerful counter right that Ortiz caught cleanly, but took well.

Upon realizing it was a headbutt, I was damn impressed at not only Ortiz's chin, but his composure. Very few guys would remain physically unphased, as well as resist the temptation to complain and be distracted by the foul.
      I've caught skulls to the chin many times in jiujitsu and it's fking brutal.

Comment

Incredible. And, he can't claim it wasn't intentional because it's clear he used the headbutt to set up the right hand!

... and judge Vasquez was the one to give Scott that round (the only round on three cards), just based on this headbutt and punch...

(Ortiz was too relaxed at that point...)

Comment

I'm pretty sure we all did. It certainly looked like Malik launched into a powerful counter right that Ortiz caught cleanly, but took well.

Upon realizing it was a headbutt, I was damn impressed at not only Ortiz's chin, but his composure. Very few guys would remain physically unphased, as well as resist the temptation to complain and be distracted by the foul.
          I've caught skulls to the chin many times in jiujitsu and it's fking brutal.
          The Cuban didn't give a shit...

... and it was the headbutt (not the punch) that phased him...

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
            The Cuban didn't give a shit...

... and it was the headbutt (not the punch) that phased him...
            Definitely. The punch was more of a swipe that hit Ortiz when he was briefly stunned by that uppercut headbutt.

Comment

• king kong ftw

Comment

• Originally posted by bowl View Post
                Sure makes Wilder look good.
                Not at all. In fact it proves even more conclusively that that fight was a massive dive.

Stiverne beating or being competitive with Povetkin will make Wilder look good.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                  Are you talking about the gif I posted? it was a headbutt.
                  Forgive him, he had a bad stream.

Comment

• wow that headbutt was nasty! thanks for the gif, this fight actually put me to sleep before the 5th

Comment

Working...
                    X