Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd's 50-0 attempt, ''doesn't take risks..'' so does he need Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
    What if they promote it simply at a higher weight? Cotto and De La Hoya were among the highest attempted.
    Floyd vs Canelo at 160 or for a MW title at some catchweight you mean? Or just Floyd vs a notable or not so notable guy at 160?

As far as Canelo yea sure I think that would have higher appeal for that matchup then a fight at 154 or lower, but I think the career nemesis angle with Floyd & Manny surpasses that angle with Floyd & Canelo & I just see that creating more PPV buys.

I would suggest that if Canelo ups his status with a big win or there is some exciting fight that catches the fans interest previous to any speculative fight with Floyd that could help Canelo vs Floyd II be bigger then a rematch with Manny, but outside of GGG happening & being a fun fight I don't see much chance of that helping things. Or Manny losing again would likely have some impact too obviously. But right now as things stand & how the future looks I think Manny vs Floyd II is the biggest fight out there for Floyd.

As for Floyd vs a notable or not so notable guy at 160 or some higher catchweight than he's fought previously I think it would hold some appeal, but I think the value for Floyd & his PPV numbers (& any notable PPV guy for that matter) has been shown to be about the B side being seen as a higher valued name & I don't see any names that are attract where Floyd would fight like Manny & Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Floyd vs Canelo at 160 or for a MW title at some catchweight you mean? Or just Floyd vs a notable or not so notable guy at 160?

As far as Canelo yea sure I think that would have higher appeal for that matchup then a fight at 154 or lower, but I think the career nemesis angle with Floyd & Manny surpasses that angle with Floyd & Canelo & I just see that creating more PPV buys.

I would suggest that if Canelo ups his status with a big win or there is some exciting fight that catches the fans interest previous to any speculative fight with Floyd that could help Canelo vs Floyd II be bigger then a rematch with Manny, but outside of GGG happening & being a fun fight I don't see much chance of that helping things. Or Manny losing again would likely have some impact too obviously. But right now as things stand & how the future looks I think Manny vs Floyd II is the biggest fight out there for Floyd.

As for Floyd vs a notable or not so notable guy at 160 or some higher catchweight than he's fought previously I think it would hold some appeal, but I think the value for Floyd & his PPV numbers (& any notable PPV guy for that matter) has been shown to be about the B side being seen as a higher valued name & I don't see any names that are attract where Floyd would fight like Manny & Canelo.
      Well I'd say the Mexican fanbase most likely didn't follow the 152 catch, nor would they probably notice another one. As we know, Floyd has done the 154 bottleneck with Oscar and Cotto, for the fans that know, and some are on the fence with 152, and not it would'Ve made a difference at 154 before, imo, however that's debatable.

Fans of Alvarez NOW want Gennady as it's apparent from the roars in the stadium when the Kazakh's name is mentioned in post ring. SO, if Floyd still beats Alvarez again, and let's say at a sanctioned ''Middleweight'' bout, the perception from the fans will be that if Floyd beat Alvarez again, he'd beat Golovkin. I only say that because I'm betting on Alvarez to beat Golovkin.

So Floyd at Middleweight, 6 division finale, is more glorious of an attempt than fighting anybody at 147. Alvarez or Golovkin at 160 against Floyd exempts any theory about Spence Jr. or others at 147. Of course you've got Lara at 154, but Floyd's already held that belt, and in the crowds perception they'd be confused as to why Floyd's fighting the Cuban who Alvarez beat...

Floyd at a Middlweight attempt is just bombaclat!

Comment

So Floyd at Middleweight, 6 division finale, is more glorious of an attempt than fighting anybody at 147.
        Yea historically it adds more to Floyd's legacy than beating Manny a 2nd time I'd agree, but just talking about the bigger fight dollar for dollar its Manny vs Floyd II. I suspect if Floyd came back & beat any MW title holder it enhances his legacy more than any non-MW win, but Manny vs Floyd is still the bigger fight money-wise & lets be real we all know the money is important to Floyd.

Comment

Yea historically it adds more to Floyd's legacy than beating Manny a 2nd time I'd agree, but just talking about the bigger fight dollar for dollar its Manny vs Floyd II. I suspect if Floyd came back & beat any MW title holder it enhances his legacy more than any non-MW win, but Manny vs Floyd is still the bigger fight money-wise & lets be real we all know the money is important to Floyd.
          Here are the circumstances why May vs Pac II won't beat its original PPV.

1.) Industry will have to bring up Shoulder vs IV... it's one or the other stories. It's so bad for boxing, it really puts a lot of awkwardness. Plus, industry has already favored to gossip more about the shoulder injury when ironically the ''IV Gate'' story would justify the rematch, boxing fans will get confused by it that it doesn't help sell it. Hauser and party already tried doing May vs Pac II with the controversial ''Can Boxing Trust USADA'' article to derail the 49th win against Berto...

2.) Industry will have to justify the Bradley III and Vargas performance if they really think Pac is up for the challenge again

3.) The fact that there were lawsuits against Pac with Shoulder Gate... are those fans or other fans really want to pay for another spectacle? If anything, it teaches people about dirty media politics, and at the end of day, they'll compare Floyd's end result criticism to all of Pac's criticism such as Nike, Gay, etc... blah blah

4.) Industry and Boxers, interviews, many even before the Vargas fight have been caring less and less for it, after Vargas, how does it help it when industry tries to sell it again?

5.) HBO dropping Pac and Vargas, how do Kellerman and Lampley sell this fight again? The official 1st bout had HBO commentary, industry, and Harold thought Floyd won...a more offensive Pac than what was shown against Vargas

6.) The narrative is already being rinsed, including Arum saying it publicly, that Pac in the senate affects his performance. It's an excuse and closure for the fans, so why in the hell would Mayweather consider this? He can easily use this scenario against them!

7.) Alvarez vs Golovkin has more marketing appeal. Bigger men, harder punchers.

In the end, Pac vs Mayweather II is shot, nobody wants it anymore, and Floyd won the legacy race by staying humble.

Alvarez and Golovkin do more PPV than May vs Pac II. Floyd already gave the perception what he can do to Pac, before the Vargas performance....

Comment

Here are the circumstances why May vs Pac II won't beat its original PPV.
            I agree it wouldn't beat the original PPV. I didn't say or imply it would. I only said that its the biggest PPV for Floyd if he decided to comeback.

Alvarez and Golovkin do more PPV than May vs Pac II. Floyd already gave the perception what he can do to Pac, before the Vargas performance....
            Thats nuts. Floyd & Manny got mainstream fans who love &/or hate both of them. Canelo gots the Mexican fans, but GGG can't even sell 200k PPV's yet. Floyd vs Manny II does 2M+ without question, Floyd vs Canelo II does 1.5M+ & GGG vs Canelo does 1M+.

Comment

Floyd vs Berto 2...Make it happen

Comment

I agree it wouldn't beat the original PPV. I didn't say or imply it would. I only said that its the biggest PPV for Floyd if he decided to comeback.

Thats nuts. Floyd & Manny got mainstream fans who love &/or hate both of them. Canelo gots the Mexican fans, but GGG can't even sell 200k PPV's yet. Floyd vs Manny II does 2M+ without question, Floyd vs Canelo II does 1.5M+ & GGG vs Canelo does 1M+.
                Floyd vs Gennady, because in reality people want to see Floyd lose - that's the buys - is more of a cultural debate and context.

#Trump #UFC #WWE

Comment

Floyd vs Gennady, because in reality people want to see Floyd lose - that's the buys - is more of a cultural debate and context.

#Trump #UFC #WWE
                  Floyd vs GGG wouldn't do better numbers than Manny II or Canelo II cuz no one knows GGG like they know Manny or Canelo. Just having a bigger name guy is selling x PPV's & like it or not GGG isn't a bigger name guy or at least a bigger name guy than Manny or Canelo. I'd agree GGG has the best chance of beating Floyd of the 3 guys, but getting Floyd beat isn't making sells by itself.

Comment

Floyd vs GGG wouldn't do better numbers than Manny II or Canelo II cuz no one knows GGG like they know Manny or Canelo. Just having a bigger name guy is selling x PPV's & like it or not GGG isn't a bigger name guy or at least a bigger name guy than Manny or Canelo. I'd agree GGG has the best chance of beating Floyd of the 3 guys, but getting Floyd beat isn't making sells by itself.
                    I was making a point... when was the last time Floyd fought a "white guy?" Hatton?

Fighting Manny a second time Id like to hear Floyd justify. The circumstances arent Maidana. Floyd likes the idea that people think Pac is guaranteed bigger than bout 1 when he knows its not. He'd have fun shutting it down. Plus 50 isnt exclusive to Pac. #Berto

Comment

I was making a point... when was the last time Floyd fought a "white guy?" Hatton?
                      Believe so.

Fighting Manny a second time Id like to hear Floyd justify. The circumstances arent Maidana.
                      Eh I mean is it realllllly that hard to build up &/or justify a 2nd fight between the 2 biggest names of this era? I say no.

And lets be real there is probably a decent enough segment of fans who bought the shoulder story. Plus how many guys decide to buy the fight the one weekend or two before the fight after seeing some All Access/24 7 show, some solid ad for the fight or any of the numerous sound bites that end up on sports shows? I say enough to get them to 2M+ & I don't see any Floyd fight doing 2M+ besides Manny.
                      Last edited by Eff Pandas; 11-06-2016, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X