Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tim Bradley laughs at a possible Spence fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like Tim Bradley, but he's been into many wars. I knew Spence was legit when he stopped Bundu and Algeiri 2 very durable Welterweights.

Spence via KO in the 9th round.

Comment

The reporter with the deep voice was decent, actually asked hard questions and didn't suck up to Bradley, pushed against his answers if he didn't think they made sense.

Better than Ellie Ballsack.

Comment

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
        Why do boxing dirty sheet stay asking ****** questions now? Spence got no belt at 147 what will be the fight about?

Bradley eyes should be on Cotto, Canelo or getting a belt at 154
        Cotto, perhaps

Canelo? Absolutely not.

I'm not sure how much Tim has left, but Canelo would beat it out of him quickly and stop him.

Comment

Spence brings no money for Bradley so that is the only thing standing in his way. Bradley fought Pac 3 times so I highly doubt he is scared of an untested fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
            Golovkin is 'a nobody in the grand scheme' at MW? That's an interesting take. Yes, like Spence he's considered high risk, and yes, he clearly doesn't bring enough $s for guys to want to fight him, but the dude pretty much has MW on stranglehold. You wanna make a name at 160 you pretty much got to go through GGG, The same can't be said for Spence at WW.
            You missed one key difference. Golovkin does not have MW on stranglehold because of how good he is. He has it on stranglehold because he refused to fight the one guy everyone wanted to see him face. Thus, people are still waiting to see a proper style match for him.

Now that Brook essentially put the weaknesses we all knew were there on display, the real question is whether someone with MW power and the boxing skill of Kell Brook can take G down. There's only two MW's in my opinion that fit that category - and one isn't fighting in MW anymore.

But Golovkin should have just taken Caneloweight so he'd have a big name on his record. Stop worrying about money, you ain't there yet.

Had he done that AND at least had a good showing...then he'd be worthy of being MW king.

Until that man does one of three things, he's a nobody in the grand scheme.
            1. Fight Canelo, win OR lose
            2. Beat Ward
            3. Go up in weight class

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
              You missed one key difference. Golovkin does not have MW on stranglehold because of how good he is. He has it on stranglehold because he refused to fight the one guy everyone wanted to see him face. Thus, people are still waiting to see a proper style match for him.

Now that Brook essentially put the weaknesses we all knew were there on display, the real question is whether someone with MW power and the boxing skill of Kell Brook can take G down. There's only two MW's in my opinion that fit that category - and one isn't fighting in MW anymore.

But Golovkin should have just taken Caneloweight so he'd have a big name on his record. Stop worrying about money, you ain't there yet.

Had he done that AND at least had a good showing...then he'd be worthy of being MW king.

Until that man does one of three things, he's a nobody in the grand scheme.
              1. Fight Canelo, win OR lose
              2. Beat Ward
              3. Go up in weight class
              Ok. I'm not sure I understand you. Aside from pointing out the lack of good names on Golovkins resume of which we're all aware, how does that in any way refute what I said?

Whether or not you feel he deserves to be 'MW king' that is how he's generally perceived - the 3 trinkets he holds don't hurt either. He could be an utter bag of wank in your estimation but it's hard to see how any one else can achieve much at MW without going through him - that is how he's in a different situation from Spence and was the only point I was trying to make.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                Ok. I'm not sure I understand you. Aside from pointing out the lack of good names on Golovkins resume of which we're all aware, how does that in any way refute what I said?

Whether or not you feel he deserves to be 'MW king' that is how he's generally perceived - the 3 trinkets he holds don't hurt either. He could be an utter bag of wank in your estimation but it's hard to see how any one else can achieve much at MW without going through him - that is how he's in a different situation from Spence and was the only point I was trying to make.
                Difference between them is, Spence isn't refusing fights for money. He's fighting anyone who comes at him, and winning in spectacular fashion because he knows he needs to make a name for himself.

G is assuming he's bigger than he is when in reality, people at any US airport would assume the guy is a cab driver that got lost. G needs to stop chasing money, face big names, concede the A-side, beat big names, THEN the money will come.

Comment

Difference between them is, Spence isn't refusing fights for money. He's fighting anyone who comes at him, and winning in spectacular fashion because he knows he needs to make a name for himself.

G is assuming he's bigger than he is when in reality, people at any US airport would assume the guy is a cab driver that got lost. G needs to stop chasing money, face big names, concede the A-side, beat big names, THEN the money will come.
                  Is that a roundabout way of saying he should take the $10 mil? Or you think going up to 175 to get his ass spanked by Ward or Kovalev would be good for his career? Paying Jacobs or Lara more than they're worth ain't gonna turn him into some kind of superstar, it's just gonna leave him a few hundred $K lighter in the wallet. I'd love to see any of those fights but I don't fault other guys for not wasting their money so why would I blame GGG?

EDIT: And yeah, props to Spence, the kid's doing what he needs to do and has a promising future, but saying the two guys are in comparable situations is ridiculous.
                  Last edited by Citizen Koba; 11-06-2016, 04:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    He didn't say that, a guy in the background did. Tim said, "for what?" and "I'll fight any of these guys".
                    I'm not a Bradley fan but Errol is getting really over hyped. Guys with names are supposed to go hunting Spence now?

Tim says he'd fight him and I believe him, but I don't see any reason he'd be asking for Errol over Garcia, Thurman, Brook, etc.
                    Well said. Good post.

Comment

Comparing the star power of GGG and Spence is laughable.

You are completely out of touch with reality. I'm sure Apple hunted for the most obscure boxer they could find to throw into an expensive air time slot.

Comment

Working...
                      X