No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Video: Andre Ward Talks Career, Kovalev, Stevenson, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ruedboy View Post
    The first requirement of P4P rating should be that a fighter is active. Besides being active, it should be about the quality of opponents. Otherwise it's strictly a popularity contest.
    My problem with Ward is he's living on past performances rather than what he's done in the past 4 years. Ward says he's about action but that just not so. he hasn't fought a top 10 guy since Rodiquez and you're being charitable calling that guy a top 10 guy.
    So the fact is he hasn't been active til recently and his opposition has been pretty mediocre.So I say he has gotten a free ride on the P4P ranking.
    He has been active in the past year. Also, if he beat Kov, then fighting a quality guy is also checked off the list. Needless to say, come Nov 19th, both of your criticism of Ward should be satisfied. With that being said, I would like to see who is on your top 10 P4P with this criteria. To exclude Ward would result in putting fighters you know don't have the skills that he does...

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      Ignorant. I've never seen personal info about Andre disclosed like it has before this fight. He's a notoriously private person and has never gone out looking for sympathy. If anything, he stays quiet when it would be easy to speak up and discredit his detractors.
      HBO is trying to sell a PPV. If you're so salty that it bothers you to see him portrayed in this light, don't click.
      Re read the article, the promoter bills it one way his manager sells it completely opposite. I thought that was kind of funny, no salt here, was just a comment, please re read my comment?...On this site one or two words will incite some real hate, you are a respectful and educated guy so I am answering you this clown 'abtfkntime' is just pathetic, very hilarious. Personally I think Nov 19 is going to be the fight we have all been waiting for, I don't see this as no david vs goliath. I am just not a big fan of the "boo hoo I had a hard child hood" there are 100s of millions around the world who come from lower middle class and not to many are raking in a few million a year now like him, most are just making a 'living' he should not care about the image and just keep beating the people they put in front of him. The greatest accolades might be there in Canastota if that is all he concentrates on, beats Kovalev and has 3 or 4 great defending or unifying fights.

Comment

Originally posted by mapleleaf27 View Post
        Re read the article, the promoter bills it one way his manager sells it completely opposite. I thought that was kind of funny, no salt here, was just a comment, please re read my comment?...On this site one or two words will incite some real hate, you are a respectful and educated guy so I am answering you this clown 'abtfkntime' is just pathetic, very hilarious. Personally I think Nov 19 is going to be the fight we have all been waiting for, I don't see this as no david vs goliath. I am just not a big fan of the "boo hoo I had a hard child hood" there are 100s of millions around the world who come from lower middle class and not to many are raking in a few million a year now like him, most are just making a 'living' he should not care about the image and just keep beating the people they put in front of him. The greatest accolades might be there in Canastota if that is all he concentrates on, beats Kovalev and has 3 or 4 great defending or unifying fights.
        I'll respect you for being cool about it and I'll agree with you on sympathy angles in general. They are overdone and even more so in MMA (next time I hear about Tony Furgeson's history with heroine, someone is getting choked).
        I spoke up about Ward because this is something he's really against and I've been surprised over the years at just how quiet he's been during times that he should have spoke up and made his side of the story known.

When Lampley started asking Ward about his family before the Brand fight I knew they were unfortunately going to start pushing the sob story. Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          I'll respect you for being cool about it and I'll agree with you on sympathy angles in general. They are overdone and even more so in MMA (next time I hear about Tony Furgeson's history with heroine, someone is getting choked).
          I spoke up about Ward because this is something he's really against and I've been surprised over the years at just how quiet he's been during times that he should have spoke up and made his side of the story known.

When Lampley started asking Ward about his family before the Brand fight I knew they were unfortunately going to start pushing the sob story. Oh well.
          Yes totally overdone. In any case I noticed the 'poster' you have for your 'signatures' and that even says 'pound vs pound' so how can this david goliath crap not even be amusing to you. Enjoy the 19th Redd, I really have no idea who is getting their hand raised hopefully its compelling enough for a rematch in 17.

Comment

Personally I think Nov 19 is going to be the fight we have all been waiting for, I don't see this as no david vs goliath.

Yes totally overdone. In any case I noticed the 'poster' you have for your 'signatures' and that even says 'pound vs pound' so how can this david goliath crap not even be amusing to you. Enjoy the 19th Redd, I really have no idea who is getting their hand raised hopefully its compelling enough for a rematch in 17.

why are you flip-flopping like a little b1tch ?

Ward will get pulverized by Krusher and then you will never hear from him again.....Ward needs to make up for so much lost time, he is not going to fight Kovalev his back or his knee or his finger will be injured in camp during October the fight will be pushed back and he will end up fighting another tune up. I never saw such a great fighter need to fight so many tune ups...a great fighter fights in title fights not tune ups.
            http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...7#post16832857

It looks to me like **** just got real for you..... ya ****-talking clown LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
              why are you flip-flopping like a little b1tch ?

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...7#post16832857

yep, it's all fun-n-games until someone loses an eye

Comment

Working...
              X