• Show
Clear All

• What Makes Mexican Boxers So Tough

seems they don't get tired even after being punished to the body

I think its force of will

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
      seems they don't get tired even after being punished to the body
      First off I just want to say I have always felt that whole "Mexican Style" and "Mexicans have the biggest hearts" etc etc etc to be very patronizing. Sure its sorta a feather in the cap for a Mexican but at the same time its a thorn in the side as well.

I have seen tons of Mexican fighters that have the courage and heart of the cowardly lion and seen some tough as nails so putting a label on a specific nationality is bogus to say the least. I also feel those sort of labels effect a fighters perspective on the sport thinking that they have to fight a certain way to live up to the "stereotype" when fighting with your balls doesnt always work, in fact it rarely does at the highest level.

But with that all said, from what I have noticed most Mexicans tend to have slow twitch muscles meaning their bodies are more developed and tuned for longevity and when you mix that physical attribute with a boxers cardio and conditioning you tend to get a workhorse.

Comment

They are of Spanish decent , the Spaniards were warriors .
        Add a tough hard knocks life and the result is a very determined fighter .

Comment

pendejismo Y machismo.

Comment

Genetics

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
            They are of Spanish decent , the Spaniards were warriors .
            Add a tough hard knocks life and the result is a very determined fighter .
            ************* Respectfully disagree.
            Yes, Spain had an empire once upon a time.
            I would never denigrate their "warrior spirit".
            BUT in my humble opinion, the primary reason
            that they can fight the way they do is genetic
            "predisposition"! And that's NOT due to any Spanish DNA!
            The primary cause has to do with the "Native American"
            ancestry. Very dense skeletal structure (hardhead) and the
            capacity to fight the last round like the first. FULL SPEED
            AHEAD! Even if that "speed" is not all that fast (typically).
            (Look up the TARAHUMARA if you ever get a chance).
            Last edited by cccp21; 03-18-2018, 01:48 AM. Reason: grammar

Comment

The meat...

Comment

The upbringing along with the schooling.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinggod101 View Post
                  The meat...
                  Forget what everyone else said... This ^^^^ right here lol.

Comment

Mostly true

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                    First off I just want to say I have always felt that whole "Mexican Style" and "Mexicans have the biggest hearts" etc etc etc to be very patronizing. Sure its sorta a feather in the cap for a Mexican but at the same time its a thorn in the side as well.

I have seen tons of Mexican fighters that have the courage and heart of the cowardly lion and seen some tough as nails so putting a label on a specific nationality is bogus to say the least. I also feel those sort of labels effect a fighters perspective on the sport thinking that they have to fight a certain way to live up to the "stereotype" when fighting with your balls doesnt always work, in fact it rarely does at the highest level.

But with that all said, from what I have noticed most Mexicans tend to have slow twitch muscles meaning their bodies are more developed and tuned for longevity and when you mix that physical attribute with a boxers cardio and conditioning you tend to get a workhorse.
                    *********** I mostly agree. He was Mexican American but ask Oscar De La Hoya that question. His "boxing skills" were never appreciated by Mexicans or Mexican Americans

Comment

Working...
                    X