Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do UFC fans keep trying to shove the MMA Agenda down boxing's throat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    I guess the question is why boxing fans are insecure little ******* when it comes to UFC?

I guarantee you any attendee of a UFC event would never change that experience for any boxing event. Boxing is a game of mismatches right now. Nobody is really legitimately fighting top dog after top dog. It just doesn't happen and hasn't since the days of Oscar dela hoya probably.

That's some sad ass crap. And the events are boring as fuk, the same old shyt over and over.

Since getting into the UFC, I have to admit that I now understand why those guys think boxing is boring.

But you'll never get it until you get into it on your own.
    You only see boxing on T.V., huh?

Comment

why boxing fans still in denial about mma is just as good and hard as combat sport??

evrytime i talk about mma to boxing fans always the same answer "two half naked **** grinding and brutalise each other with no technique"

seriously at the top level i think mma is more advance and technical than boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by i got the keys View Post
        You only see boxing on T.V., huh?
        I have been to more live events than you would in two life times.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          I have been to more live events than you would in two life times.
          Hmmm.....

Maybe if you're older....

Anyway,

The Amateur ranks in boxing have some of the most exciting fights in combat sports.

I could make a person a boxing fan by taking them to an amateur event that I work....

Comment

Originally posted by betmen View Post
            why boxing fans still in denial about mma is just as good and hard as combat sport??

evrytime i talk about mma to boxing fans always the same answer "two half naked **** grinding and brutalise each other with no technique"

seriously at the top level i think mma is more advance and technical than boxing.
            They're two different sports....I watch MMA.

I've taken BJJ classes. I have a Gi in my garage right now. I understand technique is involved.

I just don't find an MMA fight more entertaining than a boxing match, unless they're standing up....

Comment

Hmmm.....

Maybe if you're older....

Anyway,

The Amateur ranks in boxing have some of the most exciting fights in combat sports.

I could make a person a boxing fan by taking them to an amateur event that I work....
              Professional boxing is so boring we need to push the amateur fights?

Come on man. That's sad. Boxing used to be a prime worldwide sport.

Let's not try and act as if the UFC isn't 10 x more exciting than boxing, because it is. I've been a boxing fan all my life, amateur boxer, writer everything.

But they just do it better at the UFC.

Comment

You guys really want to know?

The UFC has what boxing fans want. The best fighting the best on a regular basis.

But a lot of boxing fans tend to dislike mma, probably because they feel threatened.

For centuries, each area of the world practiced particular styles of hand-to-hand combat, including striking, grappling, or usually both.

Karate, TKD, muay thai, muay boran, boxing, wrestling, jiu-jistsu, judo, etc.

Each culture thought their M.A. was superior, so awhile back people wanted to prove it, once and for all.

MMA was born, and quickly showed that a person who only trained in one style would get utterly destroyed by a well-rounded fighter that trained in several styles.

The best boxers in the world would likely beat any mma fighter in a boxing ring.

Anywhere else... anyfúckingwhere, a boxer gets demolished. Cage, kickboxing ring, dojo, wrestling mat, and especially the street.

The HW boxing champion used to be seen as the man, but that's in the past. Now, the HW mma champion is the top dog. Because toe-to-toe, no rules, no holds barred, the mma fighter wins.

I know it must sting for you dumbfúcks that think the world ends at the coastlines of America, but you shouldn't worry too much.

Just enjoy boxing for what it is: a striking discipline that has perfected the art of stand-up, hands-only combat.

In reality, boxing fans should enjoy watching mma to see guys like Conor Mcgregor and Junior Dos Santos apply boxing skills and thus reminding the rest of the world how those hands can be deadly af.

I like watching striking-based M.A. forms, especially boxing, kickboxing, and muay thai (because I trained in them), but that doesn't stop me from liking mma and what it has given to world of hand-to-hand combat.

Now stop being fúckboys and learn to appreciate both.
                Last edited by Contra; 10-30-2016, 11:47 PM.

Comment

They're two different sports....I watch MMA.

I've taken BJJ classes. I have a Gi in my garage right now. I understand technique is involved.

I just don't find an MMA fight more entertaining than a boxing match, unless they're standing up....
                  they both combat sports with many similarity. i'm a boxing fans since childhood when mma come i've no problem easing in to the sport.

but many boxing fans are so insecure, they see mma as a threat to take over casual fans. i bet if they spare some times really watching many of them will like mma.

Comment

Originally posted by Contra View Post
                    You guys really want to know?

The UFC has what boxing fans want. The best fighting the best on a regular basis.

But a lot of boxing fans tend to dislike mma, probably because they feel threatened.

For centuries, each area of the world practiced particular styles of hand-to-hand combat, including striking, grappling, or usually both.

Karate, TKD, muay thai, muay boran, boxing, wrestling, jiu-jistsu, judo, etc.

Each culture thought their M.A. was superior, so awhile back people wanted to prove it, once and for all.

MMA was born, and quickly showed that a person who only trained in one style would get utterly destroyed by a well-rounded fighter that trained in several styles.

The best boxers in the world would likely beat any mma fighter in a boxing ring.

Anywhere else... anyfúckingwhere, a boxer gets demolished. Cage, kickboxing ring, dojo, wrestling mat, and especially the street.

The HW boxing champion used to be seen as the man, but that's in the past. Now, the HW mma champion is the top dog. Because toe-to-toe, no rules, no holds barred, the mma fighter wins.

I know it must sting for you dumbfúcks that think the world ends at the coastlines of America, but you shouldn't worry too much.

Just enjoy boxing for what it is: a striking discipline that has perfect the art of stand-up, hands-only combat.

In reality, boxing fans should enjoy watching mma to see guys like Macgregor and Junior Dos Santos apply boxing skills and thus reminding the rest of the world how those hands can be deadly af.

I like many striking-based M.A. forms, especially boxing, kickboxing, and muay thai (because I trained in them), but that doesn't stop me from appreciating mma.

Now stop being fúckboys and learn to love both.
                    See this is the part that baffles me....

What would make that even be considered a sport?

That's practically a brawl...

Fact is, there are rules!!

And you say threatened....what should boxing fans be threatened of?

Why do MMA fans get bent out of shape about the fact that a person who likes boxing doesn't find grappling and wrestling on the ground entertaining.

The top MMA fights that people love are guys standing up beating each other with punches and kicks.

History has shown that no battles have been won on the ground!

People used to duel with swords and such in an honorable fashion....

I like my action standing up....face to face... fist to fist....

Comment

Anyone know why this is?

Every time I turn around someone on this forum is trying to convince others that MMA is taking over boxing and that boxing is dead....

Can this be explained....

Are they disappointed at the fact that boxing isn't going anywhere? I mean it's been dying since the 80's and 90s if you listen to the chatter...

I take it with a grain of salt....
                      Because it is successful whereas boxing's is failing. /endthread

Comment

Working...
                      X