Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What About Brandon Rios vs Ortiz / Thurman Garcia undercard?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What About Brandon Rios vs Ortiz / Thurman Garcia undercard?

or is that fight good enough for it's own headliner?
    Hells Yeah, get Rios over to PBC asap
    71.43%
    All hells nah
    28.57%

Nah. They need like 3-4 wins before anyone can be excited for Ortiz or Rios.

Comment

Originally posted by Raonic View Post
      Nah. They need like 3-4 wins before anyone can be excited for Ortiz or Rios.
      undercard filler

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
        undercard filler
        Well you brought up it heading it's own card, which I think it can do but you need to build it up. The better way to go about with it is have them on separate fights to build it up.

I mean sure you can have it as undercard filler but I wouldn't be so excited considering both have lost more times than they've won in the last few years, with their wins not even being that impressive.

Comment

Well you brought up it heading it's own card, which I think it can do but you need to build it up. The better way to go about with it is have them on separate fights to build it up.

I mean sure you can have it as undercard filler but I wouldn't be so excited considering both have lost more times than they've won in the last few years, with their wins not even being that impressive.
          I guess perhaps Rios might not like the idea of signing with PBC on some initial undercard, but I see it more of a way of building up Rios for PBC. Rios was almost sold on retiring in 2015. Would be a fresh start for Rios in my opinion, and their rivalry could sell itself.

As far as Vic, I think it's a fight that he essentially needs to stay relevant. His jaw is shot, but I think Ortiz has the defense to go 12 with Rios easily.

Comment

Good undercard fight if Rios will take a good camp ,slugfest for sure.

Comment

I guess perhaps Rios might not like the idea of signing with PBC on some initial undercard, but I see it more of a way of building up Rios for PBC. Rios was almost sold on retiring in 2015. Would be a fresh start for Rios in my opinion, and their rivalry could sell itself.

As far as Vic, I think it's a fight that he essentially needs to stay relevant. His jaw is shot, but I think Ortiz has the defense to go 12 with Rios easily.
              If they fight, I don't think it will mean anything. I don't even know if people cared about the rematch of Ortiz-Berto. I would like to see Rios in PBC and Ortiz does need a fight to stay relevant but I don't think it's this fight. If Rios goes to PBC, you want him to be an established guy with a few wins under him. And Ortiz in a big fight doesn't make him relevant. Him winning fights (against gradually better opponents) will get him the relevance.

Comment

it's only interesting due to their bad blood. i don't see ortiz going the distance with anyone of note at this point in his career. he either gets stopped or quits at some point in the first half of the fight.

Comment

If they fight, I don't think it will mean anything. I don't even know if people cared about the rematch of Ortiz-Berto. I would like to see Rios in PBC and Ortiz does need a fight to stay relevant but I don't think it's this fight. If Rios goes to PBC, you want him to be an established guy with a few wins under him. And Ortiz in a big fight doesn't make him relevant. Him winning fights (against gradually better opponents) will get him the relevance.
                  For PBC this rivalry could be essential. Collazo is part of the PBC roster, he's not so much the ''established'' today. What about Berto vs Rios?

Comment

For PBC this rivalry could be essential. Collazo is part of the PBC roster, he's not so much the ''established'' today. What about Berto vs Rios?
                    You'd want both the guys coming off a few wins to make it essential for PBC though.

Rios needs to come off a few wins before fighting someone like Berto or else it'll just look like you're feeding him for another loss.

Comment

Working...
                    X