Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lennox Lewis- the best fighter of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lennox Lewis- the best fighter of all time?

So..
    When i look at a fighters career, my main criteria for greatness is, could the fighter have done any more in his career to be great? Im seriously struggling to pick holes in lewis's career, and in my opinion, lennox lewis's career was damn near perfect for what he could do as a heavyweight. Olympic gold medallist, he beat every fighter he fought. He beat prime vitali klitschko despite weighing a career high weight, being old and barely training. He also beat holyfield, tyson, bruno, briggs, and a number of other solid heavyweights are on his resume.
    Lennox lewis with his size too, is one of the fighters who could more than cope with the modern day heavys (the giants that are fury, wilder, klitschko and joshua) whereas a heavyweight like joe louis or marciano who were greats but may not be able to handle themselves against the larger fighters of this era.
    As with any heavyweight, lewis could be taken out by one shot, but lewis avenged his losses, emphatically.
    So is there any fighter in history you would favour to beat lewis in a trilogy? And im not asking this question in a pound for pound sense, im saying would any fighter in history step in the ring and do this? And also where do people rank lennox lewis in all time rankings? If people think im talking ****, then please offer logical points as to why he shouldnt be considered in the discussion, instead of somehow relating lennox lewis to gennady golovkin needing to move up in weight...

I would favor again Vitali Klithscko to beat him in a rematch. Prime for prime also. H2H Vitaly > All Heavyweight greats for me.

Comment

No its obviously GGG,he beated Lamule and Stevens,you cant deney it.

Comment

Lennox Lewis is my favorite boxer of all time. A true gentleman and ambassador of the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
          Lennox Lewis is my favorite boxer of all time. A true gentleman and ambassador of the sport.
          yeah definitely one of my favourites too

Comment

M.Tyson
            V.Klitchko

Would be my top 2 ,i feel Joshua will also surpass Lewis ....and Wlad Klitchko is also believable to win though i favor Lewis unless Wlad takes out the current top .

I wouldn't favor anyone beyond them .

I believe Lewis dominated the best era and a prepared Lewis is a very dangerous and difficult one to defeat ....his one weakness was really his lack of killer instinct at times and coasting in fights that he knew he was winning . Beyond that hes easily a top 3 guy that could have defeated anyone on any given day .

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
              M.Tyson
              V.Klitchko

Would be my top 2 ,i feel Joshua will also surpass Lewis ....and Wlad Klitchko is also believable to win though i favor Lewis unless Wlad takes out the current top .

I wouldn't favor anyone beyond them .

I believe Lewis dominated the best era and a prepared Lewis is a very dangerous and difficult one to defeat ....his one weakness was really his lack of killer instinct at times and coasting in fights that he knew he was winning . Beyond that hes easily a top 3 guy that could have defeated anyone on any given day .
              Lewis didn't dominate. He had skills for sure but most of his advantages is because of his size. He was picking on smaller men, and the only time he fought someone bigger than him was Vitali and was giving him hell.

Comment

The best HW since Ali & Joe Louis...

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                  I would favor again Vitali Klithscko to beat him in a rematch. Prime for prime also. H2H Vitaly > All Heavyweight greats for me.
                  This little guy has rabies.

Ex MW Chris Byrd made that heartless robot quit on his stool.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                    Lewis didn't dominate. He had skills for sure but most of his advantages is because of his size. He was picking on smaller men, and the only time he fought someone bigger than him was Vitali and was giving him hell.
                    Old saying lad.. You can fight the best in your era, he did & won..
                    Although I agree Vitali would have won the rematch but for Vitali's future that loss was good..

I'm a fan of all 3 Wlad, Lewis & Vitali but Lewis's records > Wlad & Vitali...

Comment

Working...
                    X