Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Purse split for Ward vs GGG if GGG ko's Canelo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purse split for Ward vs GGG if GGG ko's Canelo?

I see a lot of people saying GGG should take what he gets from Canelo and make himself a superstar. Lets play the hypothetical game.

GGG kos Canelo in a PPV that sells 1 million.

Ward Schools Kovalev in a PPV that sells 200k.

GGG and Ward decide to fight at 170lbs. What should the split be? Obviously 50/50 is out the window.

slow down grasshopper... Ward has a huge fight ahead of him and GGG and Canelo are not even close to terms yet alone a fight...so lets not start another fantasy a- side b-side argument

Comment

Originally posted by pacmanis1 View Post
      I see a lot of people saying GGG should take what he gets from Canelo and make himself a superstar. Lets play the hypothetical game.

GGG kos Canelo in a PPV that sells 1 million.

Ward Schools Kovalev in a PPV that sells 200k.

GGG and Ward decide to fight at 170lbs. What should the split be? Obviously 50/50 is out the window.
      at even thinking that GGG goes anywhere near Ward if he schools Kovalev

Comment

Originally posted by don larryx View Post
        slow down grasshopper... Ward has a huge fight ahead of him and GGG and Canelo are not even close to terms yet alone a fight...so lets not start another fantasy a- side b-side argument
        I agree. That is way too many ifs, ors and maybes. When Ward was at 168 he flatly refused going down 4 pounds to a catchweight of 164. Now that Ward by his own admission can't make 168 and is comfortable at 175 why would he agree to drop 5 pounds and fight at 170. It's way too early to talk about a fight that will probably never happen. GGG and Canelo very likely will never agree on terms and fight each other.

Comment

it should be 80/20 in Golovkins favor

Comment

Ward doesnt make it out alive against Kovalev wtf you talking about OP stop dreaming.

Comment

So if Ward did manage to beat a bigger, stronger fighter in Kov and decided not to take the offer, would that be considered a duck? Just checking since anything is possible in fantasy land.....

Comment

So if Ward did manage to beat a bigger, stronger fighter in Kov and decided not to take the offer, would that be considered a duck? Just wanted to check since anything is possible in fantasy land......

Comment

Well it's a dream scenario, so I'll play along. With the outcomes you've put forth I'd say 65/35 in Triple G's favour.

Comment

ward would give ggg concessions and let ggg have 50-50. ward is so nice

Comment

Working...
                    X