Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official: "One Time" Thurman vs "Swift" Garcia Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also, you gotta think that the performance vs Herrera and more recently vs Peterson have to be in the back of Garcia's head as well. He got manhandled by Peterson late in that fight and definitely looked beaten mentally.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
      this fights gonna end up being pretty one sided. Thurman late stoppage. The whole bull**** about 'garcia fights to his opponents level' is gonna be ended, he struggled badly against peterson and herrera because thats the level hes at. Cant believe anyone is predicting him to win.
      Good post.
      Originally posted by TBear View Post
      Stands as one of the best match-ups of recent times. Looking forward to this as well.

I'm excited for this fight, but to me the Thurman/Porter fight was bigger, PBC wise, boxing wise, and regarding the division, but that's mainly because I've considered Garcia overrated for a long, long time and still feel that any other day, Lucas' eye doesn't swell up and Garcia leaves the ring on a stretcher.

Comment

• is it just me or was dg looking stronger at the weight? Thurman literally rushed off for a drink and DG just coolly sauntered off. He seems better physically.

Comment

• I'm rooting for Thurman. I've liked him as a fighter for some time now so hopefully he'll be victorious. Thurman better not get overly aggressive though cause Danny's same-time counter left hook is deadly and will catch you off guard if you're not focused.

Thurman by late TKO.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
            Good post.

I'm excited for this fight, but to me the Thurman/Porter fight was bigger, PBC wise, boxing wise, and regarding the division, but that's mainly because I've considered Garcia overrated for a long, long time and still feel that any other day, Lucas' eye doesn't swell up and Garcia leaves the ring on a stretcher.
            I agree Thurman-Porter was a real good matchup and in my opinion that fight lived up to expectations. This one may or may not. I am hoping it does. Garcia has his limits but in big fights with Khan and Lucas came out on top. I am favoring Thurman but anything can happen, even if unlikely.

Comment

• I'm picking Thurman, but not for any reason. I wouldn't surprise me if Danny won by decision at all. I really see it as a genuine 50-50 fight, i'm only picking Thurman just for the sake of picking one of them.

I think Thurman really needs this win though. In some ways i don't think he's quite shown he's as good as people expected when he was on the way up. He really needs a win like this to show he really is that good and i think he will do that.

There's no way i'd put money on this one.
              Last edited by deathofaclown; 03-03-2017, 06:06 PM.

Comment

• Im picking Thurman too, most likely by UD.

I do think Thurman has matured enough to not look for the KO and fight the smart kind of safe fight, lots of movement and flashy combinations should make him the winner of most rounds.

Does DSG has a chance, yeah sure.

But im putting some money on Thurman on -200 odds, i like my chances, IMO has way more tools than Garcia.

Comment

• It's going to be a great fight! I originally had Thurman by annihilation but Garcia is in GREAT shape for this one. May the best man win. I got Thurman in a 7-5 type fight.

Comment

• Kenny P makes some good points here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
                      Kenny P makes some good points here.

Dude echoing me about Garcia vs movement.

Comment

Working...
                      X