No announcement yet.

The Official: "One Time" Thurman vs "Swift" Garcia Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
    Maidana comes out of retirement to fight the winner?
    Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

Fixed, lol.

If Maidana came back I would favor him against all welters if he returns to 147 btw.
    Maidana already ducked Thurman and that's when Thurman was green and the most vulnerable.

Comment

• This is a tough fight to call cause both guys posses the tools to beat the other. I'm leaning a tiny bit towards Garcia because I don't have 100% faith in Thurman staying disciplined (like I've said in various threads) but I also don't feel right picking against my hometown dude.

Here's to hoping he doesn't get into exchanges. If he can do that then he should be able to win a close decision but comfortably. Let's gooooooo Keif!

Comment

• Consciously Thurman knows he's been hurt to the body several times so mentally that's stuck in him. I can see Garcia attacking the body and feinting and seeing how Thurman reacts then pulling a Jhonny Gonzalez on Abner Mares by going low then changing the trajectory of the punch to go upstairs.

Comment

• Look for Garcia to throw the OVERHAND RIGHT TO THE BODY plenty of times then throw it upstairs.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Comment

• I picked draw but I'm slightly leaning toward Garcia.

He looks in sick shape for this fight, ripped and more lean than Thurman who looks like he eats a bit too much out of camp.

Comment

• thurman gonna jab the fk outta garcia

Comment

• Originally posted by Hype Job View Post
                I picked draw but I'm slightly leaning toward Garcia.

He looks in sick shape for this fight, ripped and more lean than Thurman who looks like he eats a bit too much out of camp.
                I don't see it. He was 146 and looks healthy in the face. And his abdominal area looks like a damn tropical forest so how can you see? Lol

Comment

• I should also point out Thurman has the better corner IMO which can play a role in a fight. I really like Birmingham's corner work and the way he talks to his fighters. He's up there with the Iceman for me.

Comment

• Both guys look amazing I'm pumped for this fight..Garcia by 7th rd ko,lets go..

Comment

• Stands as one of the best match-ups of recent times. Looking forward to this as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X