No announcement yet.

The Official: "One Time" Thurman vs "Swift" Garcia Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    I had the same score. When I see a guy do what Keith does, and run when he's up, it tells me he's not real confident or mentally strong. Aggressive, effective fighters like Pac and Spence can break a guy like that. I'm not even a big Spence fan but at least the kid has confidence. Big confidence.
    You weren't tuned in between rounds? It's Birmingham's doing. Idc though cause even when he 'ran' he did the better work and landed the better shots.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
      That's why I struggled to pick a winner going into this fight but this further proves one thing I've been saying, Thurman is far more cautious and defensively responsible than he appears.

Thurman is slick and uses his legs well, and has very high ring IQ (this I admit I now acknowledge after this fight) and is responsible with his hands when he needs to be. People tend to focus on offense and hard hitting stoppage inducing type shots so they disregard defense, and Thurman goes for the KO but he can take those risks because he has a good chin and he is in shape, and well conditioned. He's not a flawless fighter but he's well rounded, and dangerous.

I think if he doesn't let off the gas he stops Danny in the mid rounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Superbee View Post
        Are you sure you want to see a running contest between Thurman and Mayweather ?
        Spence is gonna finish him anyway. His power is overrated that's why he cannot Ko Bundu.

Comment

• Originally posted by devildg View Post
          One time became "Run Time", but Keith still got the job done.
          keith obviously thought he had it in the bag so he coasted. why take a chance and let fanny get lucky with one of those no look hooks. war thurman!!!

Comment

• It was a bit anti-climactic to be honest, seemed like the guys only wanted to take turns being aggressive.

That sometimes happens when a fight is so big and the guys have a lot to lose.

Thought Thurman let the fight get closer then it should have been, Garcia was hurt early and was reluctant to trade until the last few rounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by OneHittaQuitta1 View Post
              People seem to hate when boxers actually box.
              You mean "run" dude. Run. That's what they see. Running.

They want rock-em-sock-em boxing all the time. Dudes criticizing Thurman for moving all of 3 rounds of a 12 round fight and totally ignoring the fact he outboxed Garcia over 8 of them. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by -GDS- View Post
                Pac beats Thurman. Thurman is really good, but not on a degraded Pac's level from what I can see. I wonder where Bradley would fit in all this...
                Bradley is #2 behind Brook. Then comes Thurman. Pac isn't in the picture.

Comment

• Thurman has a habit of swinging wide. Pac would counter that easily with his footwork. Thurman's power would be his shot. But if Pac can take his shots and can minimize the amount he gets hit with... he would beat Thurman IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
                    That's why I struggled to pick a winner going into this fight but this further proves one thing I've been saying, Thurman is far more cautious and defensively responsible than he appears.
                    Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

Thurman is slick and uses his legs well, and has very high ring IQ (this I admit I now acknowledge after this fight) and is responsible with his hands when he needs to be. People tend to focus on offense and hard hitting stoppage inducing type shots so they disregard defense, and Thurman goes for the KO but he can take those risks because he has a good chin and he is in shape, and well conditioned. He's not a flawless fighter but he's well rounded, and dangerous.

I think if he doesn't let off the gas he stops Danny in the mid rounds.
                    Thurman reminds me of the man in Doc's avi/sig. And no, Im not saying he's as good as Sweet Pea. -_-"

Comment

• Originally posted by revelated View Post
                      You mean "run" dude. Run. That's what they see. Running.

They want rock-em-sock-em boxing all the time. Dudes criticizing Thurman for moving all of 3 rounds of a 12 round fight and totally ignoring the fact he outboxed Garcia over 8 of them. LOL

Hate that way of thinking
                      That dude coasted cause he could he took no unnecessary Risks because he didn't need to.

Comment

Working...
                      X