Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin- right fighter, wrong era.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gennady Golovkin- right fighter, wrong era.

Golovkins motives in the sport are clear, become a true champion, entertain the fans, knock out opponents and become an all time great. However this era of boxing is a complicated era, and the fans reflect this. An old fashioned mentality is no longer appreciated by many.
    Many fans no longer are impressed by a fighter being a true champion, explosive knockouts or calling out the best fighters. Scanning the forums shows some of the traits that fans now view as important, this includes being able to negotiate a good purse, the fighters PPV figures, and fighting at catchweights.
    Being a true champion fighting in a proper division is also outdated, fighters can become 3 and 4 weight world champions without ever actually being the best in that division, so dominating a division now is viewed as a bad thing, and the most important thing a fighter can do is move up in weight, or they are deemed to be a coward, however old the fighter is.
    To emphasise my point, in this era, the guy who fights at catchweights, is in the process of organising a rematch with cotto because it makes financial sense, blatantly ducked the champion by vacating a belt and is waiting for him to get old before fighting him, is considered the face of the sport and is a fighter who is passionately defended on this forum.
    Its my opinion that, as fans have become more emotionally invested in the business side of the sport, its these traits which dictate a fighters popularity rather than entertainment inside the ring. Its a shame that an uncomplicated fighter such as golovkin, will never get the credit he deserves for being too straightforward in his approach to the sport...

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
    Golovkins motives in the sport are clear, become a true champion, entertain the fans, knock out opponents and become an all time great. However this era of boxing is a complicated era, and the fans reflect this. An old fashioned mentality is no longer appreciated by many.
    Many fans no longer are impressed by a fighter being a true champion, explosive knockouts or calling out the best fighters. Scanning the forums shows some of the traits that fans now view as important, this includes being able to negotiate a good purse, the fighters PPV figures, and fighting at catchweights.
    Being a true champion fighting in a proper division is also outdated, fighters can become 3 and 4 weight world champions without ever actually being the best in that division, so dominating a division now is viewed as a bad thing, and the most important thing a fighter can do is move up in weight, or they are deemed to be a coward, however old the fighter is.
    To emphasise my point, in this era, the guy who fights at catchweights, is in the process of organising a rematch with cotto because it makes financial sense, blatantly ducked the champion by vacating a belt and is waiting for him to get old before fighting him, is considered the face of the sport and is a fighter who is passionately defended on this forum.
    Its my opinion that, as fans have become more emotionally invested in the business side of the sport, its these traits which dictate a fighters popularity rather than entertainment inside the ring. Its a shame that an uncomplicated fighter such as golovkin, will never get the credit he deserves for being too straightforward in his approach to the sport...
    Wrong! team g strings business model is to not fight anyone that poses a threat and scream at the top of their lungs that no one quality will fight them. These are not the traits of a true champion or all time great.

g string might actually be a great fighter, but with his teams reluctance to fight even one quality opponent, how would you ever know?

Catchweights? You should be embarrassed to even include that in your ignorant rant.
    Last edited by just the facts; 10-25-2016, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Dude, you gotta stop making Golovkin threads. The hate brigade makes enough of them. Let's talk about how badly Gassiev is gonna get beat by Lebedev, or how much ass JRock will kick.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
        Dude, you gotta stop making Golovkin threads. The hate brigade makes enough of them. Let's talk about how badly Gassiev is gonna get beat by Lebedev, or how much ass JRock will kick.
        yeah, i suppose i do post too many and i dont want to annoy people, but have been thinking about this a lot this evening

Comment

yeah, i suppose i do post too many and i dont want to annoy people, but have been thinking about this a lot this evening
          Instead of posting all of this dumb shyte, why don't you just post that when it comes to g string, your man crush prevents you from having rational thought and that if he requested, you would gladly stroke his man parts.

Comment

Golovkin is obviously a special talent. Unfortunately there's a lot of bullsh,it in the sport of boxing so for now we'll have to just wait and see what happens.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                Did you actually read all that?

Comment

Originally posted by PulpFriction View Post
                  Golovkin is obviously a special talent. Unfortunately there's a lot of bullsh,it in the sport of boxing so for now we'll have to just wait and see what happens.
                  ^^^^^^^^^^^ this

Comment

You finally realized you can't glorify his resume so what's the next excuse?Circumstance!

What happened to just being a fan and not an obsessive creeper who tries to convince people your hero is divinity embodied?
                    There's nothing wrong with Golovkin but there's something seriously disturbed in posters like the TS.
                    Last edited by Redd Foxx; 10-25-2016, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X