Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Badou Jack vs. James DeGale Unification Set For January 14

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't believe people are actually arguing about Showtime/HBO. I never thought we'd see the day where boxing fans became network fans.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
      Can you explain what HBO has to do with DeGale fighting a journeyman this year and nothing else?

Can you explain why the DeGale v Jack fight, which was supposed to happen this year and was the reason behind the two guys having various match ups in betwee, pushed to 2017...and one again how that relates to HBO?

Can you explain what HBO has to do with PBC losing dates and networks no longer willing to put on their shows?

Thanks.
      ....meanwhile HBO is all but out of boxing.
      Why aren't you applauding that???

Comment

It's a great set of fights, and a great PR move by Haymon - and I have to wonder how long this year end / start extraveganza has been planned. Could be Uncle Al pulled off a real coup by delaying Jacobs vs GGG to steal HBOs end of year thunder with his own events - it's just speculation, of course, but I can see the sense in it.

Comment

Yesssss.

Come on, boxing, keep it up. You're giving me reason to care again.

Comment

Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
            I can't believe people are actually arguing about Showtime/HBO. I never thought we'd see the day where boxing fans became network fans.
            I saw this trend begin with Mosley vs Pac on Sho. How it's escalated over the years

Comment

Nice, but with our ****ty luck, one of these notable fights will get suspended due to injury. I'm no longer getting hyped for any fight until the weigh-ins.

Comment

I honestly had forgot all about this fight, it had been stagnant for so long.

Comment

I used to favor Chunky but Jack has been looking better and better.

60-40 Jack IMO

Great fight

Comment

Boxing is dead doe. God damn showtime not ***in around

Comment

Very Nice Schedule for Showtime Finally! All Top Level Fights! Hopefully they keep that rolling for the entire 2017

Spend the budget on Quality not Quantity! I have no problem with guys fighting 2 Times a year if it is 2 BIG FIGHTS a year instead of Fight 3-4 time with weak opponents in between big fights. You get to a certain point in your career you should only take BIG FIGHTS, no damn Warm Ups and Mismatches!

Comment

Working...
                      X