Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much money is a mandatory challenger purse worth?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
    Maxi showing us his maths and failing badly.
    Golovkin purse = 2 millions
    Jacobs purse = 1 million
    Total = 3 millions
    Golovkin % = 66.6%
    Jacobs % = 33.3% which is about 35%.

You're even worse than I expected, can't even do basic math and yet brag about maths.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      Maxi, I answered your question about worth. You want Jacobs to fight for what you feel he is worth. I think you are miscalculating his worth given the realities of the situation.

If don't see why they just can't settle on 33% and get it signed for HBO, unless the promoter has funds to bid an absurd amount to get fight.
      Why assume Golvkin needs Jacobs? the only way Jacobs is worth Golovkin's time is if Jacobs wins a purse bid since his only bargaining chip is the sub belt...and Team Jacobs dont look confident of that, since he wanted 40%...if Jacobs doesnt win the purse bid, he most likely vacates....Jacobs adds very little credibility to GGG's resume, he's already beaten plenty of 160lbers in that level and people still label them bums...a vocal minority on twitter doesn't matter. GGG is already the man at 160, he can keep defending against the guys who dare fight him and to solidify that stance he just needs Saunders' belt...the fact that Canelo is a possibility is the cherry on top for him.

Comment

Jacobs doesn't deserve more than 25%, and that is only because WBA rules say it.

He's getting a shot at 3 belts and a fight with a P4Per while risking nothing himself. He's in there whining about money he doesn't deserve based on every possible measurement. He doesn't sell, he's not popular, he's not active, he has no marquee names on his resume and he's not associated with anyone popular.

It's pathetic. If I was a pro boxer in Jacobs' situation I'd tell my promoter to get the fight done no matter what. If it's 90/10, fine. In 2 months, Danny could have had a spot on P4P list and had 3/4 major belts in historic division. Six months from now he could be mentioned in the same breath as other undisputed champs like Hagler (if he beat BJS). It's the easiest path to greatness today.

Golovkin worked his ass off for 4 years collecting these belts. He's putting them on the line, if only these disgraces to the sport had a pair of balls to try and take them.

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
          Why assume Golvkin needs Jacobs? the only way Jacobs is worth Golovkin's time is if Jacobs wins a purse bid since his only bargaining chip is the sub belt...and Team Jacobs dont look confident of that, since he wanted 40%...if Jacobs doesnt win the purse bid, he most likely vacates....Jacobs adds very little credibility to GGG's resume, he's already beaten plenty of 160lbers in that level and people still label them bums...a vocal minority on twitter doesn't matter. GGG is already the man at 160, he can keep defending against the guys who dare fight him and to solidify that stance he just needs Saunders' belt...the fact that Canelo is a possibility is the cherry on top for him.
          I don't assume ggg needs him. The WBA ordered them to fight. I agree if jacobs side wins the bid things change.

I get your point but Jacobs would be the best opponent on GGG's resume so he adds something to it.

Is he even guaranteed to get a Canelo fight? I would find it quite boring if he keeps koing a string of ho hopers waiting until a Canelo fight happens.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
            Jacobs doesn't deserve more than 25%, and that is only because WBA rules say it.

He's getting a shot at 3 belts and a fight with a P4Per while risking nothing himself. He's in there whining about money he doesn't deserve based on every possible measurement. He doesn't sell, he's not popular, he's not active, he has no marquee names on his resume and he's not associated with anyone popular.

It's pathetic. If I was a pro boxer in Jacobs' situation I'd tell my promoter to get the fight done no matter what. If it's 90/10, fine. In 2 months, Danny could have had a spot on P4P list and had 3/4 major belts in historic division. Six months from now he could be mentioned in the same breath as other undisputed champs like Hagler (if he beat BJS). It's the easiest path to greatness today.

Golovkin worked his ass off for 4 years collecting these belts. He's putting them on the line, if only these disgraces to the sport had a pair of balls to try and take them.
            So GGG should take the $10 mil offer just so the canelo fight can get made?

Comment

So GGG should take the $10 mil offer just so the canelo fight can get made?
              Does Canelo have 3 belts and a top5 spot on P4P list?

Comment

Does Canelo have 3 belts and a top5 spot on P4P list?
                What does that have to do with anything? come on dude, you want Jacobs to bow to GGG but not GGG to bow to canelo. LMFAO!

Both have negotiating leverage and both will use it.

Comment

What does that have to do with anything? come on dude, you want Jacobs to bow to GGG but not GGG to bow to canelo. LMFAO!

Both have negotiating leverage and both will use it.
                  It has everything to do with it. You quoted my post, the 2nd sentence of which is:
                  He's getting a shot at 3 belts and a fight with a P4Per while risking nothing himself.
                  Fighting Canelo is not greatness. Canelo is a great fighter who 'holds' the joke of lineal title and happens to be Mexican and brings good money. A win over Canelo is not greatness. Fighting a P4Per in a higher division like Ward or Kovalev is greatness.

Jacobs has no leverage and no balls. Your whole theory rests on your belief that K2 is afraid to lose the purse bid. Since Loeffler is the one who pushed for purse bid in the first place, it's unlikely that theory is true.
                  Jacobs has nothing. Shut up and take 25% or get the hell out of the picture.

You can "lmfao" all you want, but if you somehow think these two situations are the same, I don't know what to tell you. It's like comparing Floyd-Manny negotiations to Floyd-Berto.

Comment

It has everything to do with it. You quoted my post, the 2nd sentence of which is:
                    He's getting a shot at 3 belts and a fight with a P4Per while risking nothing himself.
                    Fighting Canelo is not greatness. Canelo is a great fighter who 'holds' the joke of lineal title and happens to be Mexican and brings good money. A win over Canelo is not greatness. Fighting a P4Per in a higher division like Ward or Kovalev is greatness.

Jacobs has no leverage and no balls. Your whole theory rests on your belief that K2 is afraid to lose the purse bid. Since Loeffler is the one who pushed for purse bid in the first place, it's unlikely that theory is true.
                    Jacobs has nothing. Shut up and take 25% or get the hell out of the picture.

You can "lmfao" all you want, but if you somehow think these two situations are the same, I don't know what to tell you. It's like comparing Floyd-Manny negotiations to Floyd-Berto.
                    dude 3 belts and a spot on a mythical list have little to no value. he is getting 75% based on the WBA belt as this is the mando for that belt as you are aware. So why does he need to risk anything?

My belief is just that, a belief. I also watched HBO make Duva walk away from the kov/Stevenson purse bid in a similar situation.

Fighting GGG isn't as much as fighting Canelo when you comapre resumes dude.

The thing is you think Jacobs should be honored to fight GGG and take less because of that. The same argument can be made for GGG relative to Canelo.

No its not like comparing that at all. The point is simple-you dont expect GGG to not try and get what he wants for Canelo, so don't expect jacobs not to do same for GGG.

Comment

dude 3 belts and a spot on a mythical list have little to no value. he is getting 75% based on the WBA belt as this is the mando for that belt as you are aware. So why does he need to risk anything?

My belief is just that, a belief. I also watched HBO make Duva walk away from the kov/Stevenson purse bid in a similar situation.

Fighting GGG isn't as much as fighting Canelo when you comapre resumes dude.

The thing is you think Jacobs should be honored to fight GGG and take less because of that. The same argument can be made for GGG relative to Canelo.

No its not like comparing that at all. The point is simple-you dont expect GGG to not try and get what he wants for Canelo, so don't expect jacobs not to do same for GGG.
                      Canelo is not even a MW champion. Oh wait.. he's "the ring" champion because he beat Cotto. SMH.

Comment

Working...
                      X