Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When is last time K2 fighter took a risk?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    How much did they offer Jacobs for this fight?
    I have no idea but apparently they offered him a generous deal before the mando was even ordered.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
      I have no idea but apparently they offered him a generous deal before the mando was even ordered.
      Well then you can't confirm that they didn't low-ball him...

Comment

OK so stop insinuating they offered him $3mil. You have no idea

Comment

Originally posted by i got the keys View Post
          GGG is going to have to prove that. It would be his toughest competition. You can't deny that.
          Probably the best punchers chance at Mw, but thats not that much. Worst of all, Jacobs seems to have zero confidence in winning this one

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            OK so stop insinuating they offered him $3mil. You have no idea
            I know they offered him 2 Quillins, which may not be 3m, but sounds plenty generous for a challenger posting those numbers

Comment

I know they offered him 2 Quillins, which may not be 3m, but sounds plenty generous for a challenger posting those numbers
              He got paid $1.5 for Quillin. That's $3 mil for"two Quillins" can you add?

Comment

Originally posted by i got the keys View Post
                Well then you can't confirm that they didn't low-ball him...
                And you can't confirm they did, but I got the stronger arguments. Why would they low ball him if they were generous before the mando was called? Then wouldn't they just take him to purse bids, 25%? Not cancel their Hbo date so that the guy could get his 10-12 weeks of training. They just thought of this, like 5 weeks since the mando was ordered, haven't started training.

Comment

Says the savant of generosity....

Comment

Jacobs couldn't keep Pirog off of him...no way will he be able to keep GGG off of him. Though I think style-wise Pirog is a lot more complicated than GGG, but both can walk you down-the difference is,GGG hits much much harder than Dmitri Pirog! Won't last anymore than 1-2 rounds unless Jacobs lands a beauty very early.

Comment

And you can't confirm they did, but I got the stronger arguments. Why would they low ball him if they were generous before the mando was called? Then wouldn't they just take him to purse bids, 25%? Not cancel their Hbo date so that the guy could get his 10-12 weeks of training. They just thought of this, like 5 weeks since the mando was ordered, haven't started training.
                      Not gonna lie-25% is a joke when Jacobs does bring a touch more interest and credibility than some of the other cans that GGG fought. It is a bigger stage than 25% for Danny....now saying that-they should give Jacobs 35-40% and beat him quick for his retirement fund.

At least Jacobs has a point-25% is crummy at this level, but for GGG to whine about getting $10,000,000 for a fight with Canelo is bad as well-this isn't a Floyd/Pac event, even if it is a big event. $10,000,000 is much much more than he will ever see fighting anyone-or has ever made in several fights combined. No ppv has even broke a million after Floyd/Pac so even GGG/Canelo would be lucky to get 1.5 million ppvs. In the scheme of things 10 mill is probably about right.
                      Last edited by damned1974; 10-20-2016, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X