Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Parker-Ruiz Approved For WBO Belt, Winner Must Face David Haye

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruiz is solid, but he's not as good as Takam and I expect Parker to beat him. Parker vs Haye is salivating! I would LOVE to see that fight.

Comment

While Klit/Browne is a huge joke of a fight IMO, Ruiz/Parker should be great, as will Haye as the 1st mandatory... no matter what anyone thinks of the Sponge Bob hairdo guy. 2017 will likely be one of the better years for HWs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have always adhered to two principles. The first one is to train hard and get in the best possible physical condition. The second is to forget all about the other fellow until you face him in the ring and the bell sounds for the fight.

~ Rocky Marciano
      Last edited by PunchyPotorff; 10-20-2016, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stellen View Post
        LOL you think little joey parker is going to risk his wbo belt on joshua? Dream on son. Its 2 or 3 or 4 bum defences before he is forced to either vacate or defend it against haye.
        While Joshua is going to fight???? David Price, LOL. Another quality opponent for the bodybuilding Brit.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
          Great news to get the fight finally signed off.

But..David Haye? What has he done to earn a shot? Mashing the Mark De Mori's of the world shouldn't be a lead-in to a title fight.

Still, should Parker win, Haye will likely have to wait the maximum time to challenge - Joshua-Parker for the IBF is next (assuming Joshua still has the title).

it's a great money-fight for Parker, but Haye is still dangerous

Comment

Parker , Ruiz , and Hughie Fury were next in line , Where the hell did David Haye came from?

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
              it's a great money-fight for Parker, but Haye is still dangerous
              Good call. Parker-Haye could be a really, really exciting fight - regardless of whether Haye deserves it or not.

Comment

my take on this is.....

for decades, it has been obvious that a belt holder is not necessarily the true champion..... stop blaming the fighters, blame the absurd system.....

..... that ABC shht means little/nothing to me, so I don't get hung up about it, like others do.....

.... but I also certainly do NOT use weak rankings to justify bullshht fights

..... if you feel inclined, simply add this fight to the HUGE list of joke "title" fights that have taken place over the last few decades.....

..... I know who the best fighters are, I don't need any advice from a corrupt sanctioning organisation telling me who they think I should rate.....

..... let those guys squabble over those (mostly) useless trinkets, so what..... both are likely genuine top10, or close in Ruiz' case..... so long as the top guys are fighting, so what..... because the winner will not break the top5 anyways, which proves that the WBO title aint currently worth much.

The fact that this is a title fight, is only really annoying if you give a fk about something that is not really worth anything..... as that "something" is certainly NOT definitive, or even close..... so, who cares?

The leading heavyweights are Fury/Klitschko/Wilder..... with Haye, Ortiz, Joshua closing the gap. I would still rank someone like Povetkin ahead of my boy Parker.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
                  Good call. Parker-Haye could be a really, really exciting fight - regardless of whether Haye deserves it or not.
                  And if Parker wins, it immediately vaults him into the limelight, maybe setting up a match with AJ. I'm okay with this.

Comment

The f#ck. How the f#ck did Ruiz get a title shot with his list of stumblebum opponents...oh wait never mind...thought boxing was a respectable sport with legit rankings for a minute there...silly me.

Comment

Happy with this. I know a few on here disagree, but when all the dust settles and all these match ups play out I truly think Parker will be the top guy. I think he's the guy who will refuse to lose. No matter how hurt or tired he is.

Comment

Working...
                      X