Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Terrible" Terry Norris vs PBF aka Money May @ 154 lbs / 11 Stone: Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    norris ko'd leonard so floyd has no chance
    well....Leonard was many years past his best by then

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
      well....Leonard was many years past his best by then
      he was prime and had just beat prime duran

Comment

Norris wouldnt land any of his flashy combinations on Floyd, he'd catch Floyd here and there he'd be outboxed and potshotted to a UD loss

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          That would make sense if Terry Norris was a great fighter.
          I read what he wrote and thought the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            I read what he wrote and thought the same thing.
            I'm going to disagree with you and Dan on this. Terry while not an ATG has a damn good resume and is one of if not the best 154lber ever. It would be a toss up between him and McCallum. The guy was far from perfect, but yes he was a great fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
              I'm going to disagree with you and Dan on this. Terry while not an ATG has a damn good resume and is one of if not the best 154lber ever. It would be a toss up between him and McCallum. The guy was far from perfect, but yes he was a great fighter.
              I think his whole career gets lost in the shine of the 3 yr span upsetting Mugabi, SRL and Curry. If I recall correctly like one year or so before this he almost lost to Jose or Jorge Vaca (name might be wrong).

I would say he is very good.
              Last edited by The Big Dunn; 10-20-2016, 11:00 AM.

Comment

I think his whole career gets lost in the shine of the 3 yr span upsetting Mugabi, SRL and Curry. If I recall correctly like one year or so before this he almost lost to Jose or Jorge Vaca (name might be wrong).

I would say he is very good.
                The guy in his prime took two real losses. One to Jackson, arguably the hardest puncher p4p the sport has ever seen and to Browne, which he later avenged. Yeah he had a SD with Vaca, can't really comment on the fight as I've never seen it, but outside of that the guy obliterated high level competition. A good fighter does'nt do that.

Comment

As soon as I heard about this I pictured the ending of Mayweather-Ndou

Last edited by KeyboardWarrior; 10-20-2016, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
                    The guy in his prime took two real losses. One to Jackson, arguably the hardest puncher p4p the sport has ever seen and to Browne, which he later avenged. Yeah he had a SD with Vaca, can't really comment on the fight as I've never seen it, but outside of that the guy obliterated high level competition. A good fighter does'nt do that.
                    There is no question he had great talent. He just never seemed to live up to that talent. For every big win there is a loss that just defies logic.

Maybe its just the word great I am having a problem with.

Comment

There is no question he had great talent. He just never seemed to live up to that talent. For every big win there is a loss that just defies logic.

Maybe its just the word great I am having a problem with.
                      Not sure what you mean. He has 9 losses. 3 were when he was obviously shot to ****, 1 early in his career, 3 DQ losses and then the 2 losses to Browne and Jackson. Its not like in his L's he was getting taken to school by some scrub. Dude had a suspect chin and lacked self control in the ring, those were his biggest issues. His talent is not in question imo and his resume speaks for itself. The guy beat the brakes off top notch competition and again good or very good fighters don't do that. They squeak by competition like he fought or they lose, but he destroyed them.

Maybe you want to reserve the great tag for the top 100 guys, but that is doing a lot of fighters in history a disservice imo. Especially when you can make a solid case for the guy being the best fighter ever in his division.

Comment

Working...
                      X