Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Trainer Reacts To Jacobs Needing More Time To Prepare

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another pretender bites the dust.....as usual

lol @ this 12 week excuse

Comment

Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
      Jacobs is trying his best to not fight GGG. That's simply how it is going down.

Do you know how dumb that sounds. "Jacobs won because he made GGG sit out a month longer."

I hope you're trolling.

GGG makes people go straight goof.

i don't think he's saying it's a good thing based on some kind of altrusitic criteria. he's saying it's a smart move for jacob's people, who arein the business of profiting in the long term off of their fighter.

boxing is a business. jacob's team 100% benefits from every month that this fight is pushed off. canelo's people are doing the same thing. they want this guy to continue taking punches in victory and slow down. it's not like golovkin is tough to hit. time is on jacob's side. it's REALLY on canelo's side, because he' staking very little punishment and building his highlight reel while golovkin gets older.

Comment

and yeah, if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's a f#cking duck.

let's watch the floyd mayweather fangirls spin this. it's such an odd lookin taking up for your fighter after he's retired by ripping a guy he would never have fought to begin with. you guys need to lead more meaningful lives

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
          The WBA would probably strip him if he did that - fuuukin organizations.
          The WBA offered K2/Golovkin an interim fight and Golovkin strongly turned it down b/c he expected Jacobs to fight on Dec. 10th.

Now they're saying late February/March for the Jacobs fight, and it's not guaranteed!!!! You got to be ****ing kidding!!!

They might as well agree to interim fights, split site double-header of Jacobs/Blanco and Golovkin/Heiland in December, and use that to promote a big ppv fight in March. If GGG sits out all this time like he did last Oct-Mar waiting on Canelo, only not to get the fight, then **** K2 for letting Jacobs/Haymon b*tch them. Jacobs doesn't want the fight, but he doesn't want to give up his belt. **** him, force the purse bid and move the **** on.

Comment

I honestly don't see this fight happening anytime soon. I remember watching a Jacobs interview a few months back when asked about fighting GGG, he said 18 to 24 months the fight would happen. I think he said yes right now because the pressure has been put on Jacobs to make the fight. If he fights GGG right now its Dimitri Piorg all over again.

Comment

Pretty typical for GGG haters to find GGG team at fault on this one AGAIN, even if its clear enough that Jacobs is terrified to face GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                The WBA offered K2/Golovkin an interim fight and Golovkin strongly turned it down b/c he expected Jacobs to fight on Dec. 10th.

Now they're saying late February/March for the Jacobs fight, and it's not guaranteed!!!! You got to be ****ing kidding!!!

They might as well agree to interim fights, split site double-header of Jacobs/Blanco and Golovkin/Heiland in December, and use that to promote a big ppv fight in March. If GGG sits out all this time like he did last Oct-Mar waiting on Canelo, only not to get the fight, then **** K2 for letting Jacobs/Haymon b*tch them. Jacobs doesn't want the fight, but he doesn't want to give up his belt. **** him, force the purse bid and move the **** on.
                The purse bid is still due on 22nd which is Saturday right? Normally any bid has written into it the latest date the fight can take place. January 7th is 11 weeks in gym time for Danny counting forward from October 22nd. Allow one more week after gym. Fight should be no later than mid January. This is a fight that sells itself really - an extra month isn't gonna make much difference to how it sells.

At this point if Golovkin doesn't make it into HOF for his resume he'll still make it in there for being most avoided fighter in the 21st century 'til now. I mean it is hall of FAME right? What is Golovkin turning out to be FAMOUS for? >> Being avoided up 'til now.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post

After G started negotiations with Jacobs, Saunders was giving it the big "I'll fight Golovkin in December".

Now the date and maybe the fight with Danny has fallen through where is Saunders?

Not a peep to be heard. Crickets.

Where is Lara? Crickets

Comment

Originally posted by Graz View Post
                    Jacobs just another fighter riding the coat tails and getting press by linking his name with Golovkin. Bottom line, none of these guys want to actually fight GGG. They're feeding off his teet to get some air time. Time for Golovkin to move up as there is no competition at MW.
                    Originally posted by hitking View Post
                    So why not move up and fight quality fighters that will actually fight him. His "haters" have long since acknowledged that the top middleweights don't wanna fight him. We just don't see it as an excuse to continually fight ****ty competition.
                    The problem is that there's really nobody at 168 I'd like to see Golovkin fight.

Badou Jack?
                    Degale?

Contrast that with everybody from 154 to 160 with Lara, Canelo, Jacobs, Saunders, Eubank Jr., Derevyechenko, etc. . .

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
                      G is a top ten money-generating active fighter in world boxing, maybe even top 5. Who is higher?

Klitschko?
                      Joshua
                      Canelo
                      Pacquiao

... and now I'm struggling for more names.

So what is the issue here? The issue is that boxing has become a niche sport and apart from super fights the money is not there. But you can't get to a super fight without having great fights and you can't get to great fights without having very good fights and on and on.

Lots of boxers want to get the earnings that come with very good or super fights, but they are unwilling to make the good and very good level fights in order to generate interest in super fights down the road.

Golovkin IS an attraction in the US - how not so if he sells out the Forum and MSG? It's not his fault if the money is not there yet for super fight payouts and both K2 and Jacobs need to realize that. This is a good/very good level fight. The winner most likely gets to make a great fight with Canelo - well G most likely already has that within his reach whereas Jacobs doesn't as yet but beating Golovkin would launch him into that hot-seat.
                      We are talking revenue not just selling seats. If I stage a venue for 5k seats and sell seats at 10 bucks a pop...sure I sold out...but how much revenue did I make. Trips purse sizes in the US tell us all we need to know about how much revenue he generates. I'm not laying blame, it's just a factual circumstance we all must recognize in considering why fights aren't easy to make against him. To be honest....if Jacobs beats Golovkin he would not become the new IT guy. He would be a tad more popular but most would just shrug and say...I knew Trip was a hype job. Think about this....did Buster Douglas become the new attraction after he beat Tyson? Nope.

Comment

Working...
                      X