No announcement yet.

Rant: UFC will slowly take fans away from boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rant: UFC will slowly take fans away from boxing

I used to hate UFC but in the last year i started getting into it because a few of my friends love it. Obviously i dont like it anywhere close to boxing but after hearing that GGG is off Dec 10th card, Klit vs Joshua isnt happening, Danny Garcia gets another cherry pick.. I am getting quite fed up with boxing. I buy most of the big ppv's but enough is enough already. As fans of boxing we don't deserve this **** anymore. meanwhile in the UFC the top guys are constantly fighting top guys and you never quite know who will win.

Thank god for Kovalev and Ward, and Lomochenko Walters otherwise this year will go down as crap. We should be getting fights like Canelo GGG, GGG jacobs, Pacquiao Crawford, Pacquiao vs Vargas etc instead we get Canelo vs Khan, smith GGG vs Brook and other crap mismatches. Like step the **** up already because boxing is becoming an embarrassing circus that I am getting frustrated being a part of already. Seems liek 9 out of 10 top fighters are constantly cherry picking and ducking. The next big UFC even is in my hometown NY and the card is stacked from top to bottom with ridiculous fights. Whens the last time boxing had a stacked card? Boxing hardly gives us a top dog vs top dog main event let alone a stacked card with top fighters.

Sorry I just had to vent as I read about GGG not fighting on Dec 10 and Jacobs trainer saying Jacobs needs 12 weeks to train for GGG. GROW SOME ****ING BALLS already this is the fight game not table tennis.

feel free to go post this on a UFC site

Comment

The UFC just announced it's laying off 15% of it's workforce. So, they've got other concerns besides boxing at this point.

Comment

I would say it already has but won't take this fan.

Comment

Speak for yourself. And don't let the door hit ya on your ass on the way out.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            The UFC just announced it's laying off 15% of it's workforce. So, they've got other concerns besides boxing at this point.
            They have new owners. This happens at literally every company that's been bought. Nice try though.

The TS is right. I love them both but the UFC absolutely destroyed boxing this year. McGregor put the UFC on his back and is making them millions upon millions. Multiple PPVs with over a million buys already.

Haymon is killing boxing making fighters spoiled brats so the big fights aren't happening.

Comment

All of these UFC fans so quick to tell you how boxing is dying and UFC is taking over. That's how I can tell they aren't real boxing fans. Because one thing I've noticed about real boxing fans as it relates to UFC and its impact...they don't care.

Comment

First off, people have been saying this since Mayweather vs Oscar. I remember everyone in the media was speculating/predicting it was boxings last big mega fight. That was obviously wrong.

Second and more importantly, boxing isn't going anywhere, it will always be a sport. It will always have ups and downs. Right now we are in a transitional period. Yesterday's stars have all retired or are close to it. Mayweather, Pacquiao, Marquez, Cotto and so on. Our biggest stars are gone or are at the very tail end that not much people really care about and that is reflected in the overall ratings. Which is fine and happens throughout history. When Ali retired for example boxing was down.

Just like in past generations, new stars will emerge. Canelo, Golovkin among others, will keep the transitional period interesting while the new generation of stars emerge, fighters like Anthony Joshua, Errol Spence and others that haven't even reached the radar yet. Whatever happens with PBC, HBO and Showtime will be irrelevant since at the end of the day, it's the fighters that attract viewers. A new generation of stars will create new fans and so the cycle continues.

Comment

Hey JR! dem F1 racers aint better than Dale Earnhardt!!! Let go watch us some MMA! why cant these boys wear boots like boxing pawh?! it be easier to footstomp wit dem on! do they got to cut them toe nails too?

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                    First off, people have been saying this since Mayweather vs Oscar. I remember everyone in the media was speculating/predicting it was boxings last big mega fight. That was obviously wrong.

Second and more importantly, boxing isn't going anywhere, it will always be a sport. It will always have ups and downs. Right now we are in a transitional period. Yesterday's stars have all retired or are close to it. Mayweather, Pacquiao, Marquez, Cotto and so on. Our biggest stars are gone or are at the very tail end that not much people really care about and that is reflected in the overall ratings. Which is fine and happens throughout history. When Ali retired for example boxing was down.

Just like in past generations, new stars will emerge. Canelo, Golovkin among others, will keep the transitional period interesting while the new generation of stars emerge, fighters like Anthony Joshua, Errol Spence and others that haven't even reached the radar yet. Whatever happens with PBC, HBO and Showtime will be irrelevant since at the end of the day, it's the fighters that attract viewers. A new generation of stars will create new fans and so the cycle continues.

Comment

Working...
                    X