Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua vs. Klitschko: Both Will Sign Once Issue of Titles Resolved

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
    We will see. Politics are politics, but I doubt that they make the move to having two fighters who weren't even rated by the organization fighting for their belt.
    Klitschko is #2 after Ortiz. Joshua isn't rated because he's the IBF champ.

Comment

This fight is too early for AJ. He hasn't fought any real top level guys and I don't think Klitschko has deteriorated as much as some people think. Klitschko by KO

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
        Klitschko is #2 after Ortiz. Joshua isn't rated because he's the IBF champ.
        I understand that, but Ortiz-Ustinov isn't all that bad an alternative (especially with Eddie Hearn having the pull, and relationship with Showtime, to put enough money on the table to clear up the pay/testing issues that derailed the initial talks).

Ortiz gets his two fights, Ortiz-Ustinov gets made for early 2017, followed up with Joshua-Ortiz being a viable option for Summer 2017 (in addition to Wilder-Joshua and Joshua-Parker) would seem to be a more interesting path for the WBA than simply adding the bout to Joshua-Klistchko, having the belt frozen in another rematch situation (with the title consolidation process already underway).

a bit of a delay, and the WBA likely walks away with an even bigger eventual fee (Ortiz-Ustinov in early 2017, Ortiz-Browne/Oquendo for the late Spring/early Summer as I doubt David Haye takes the fight, with Joshua-Ortiz targeted for late 2017, a full four fights into Ortiz's run on Sky Sports).

Comment

Originally posted by Mushroom View Post
          This fight is too early for AJ. He hasn't fought any real top level guys and I don't think Klitschko has deteriorated as much as some people think. Klitschko by KO
          I think it's a win win for both, AJ losing to Wlad isn't a big deal to be honest, I make Wlad the favourite going into this fight if it happens now.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            I think it's a win win for both, AJ losing to Wlad isn't a big deal to be honest, I make Wlad the favourite going into this fight if it happens now.
            This.

If Wlad wins Joshua is still a world beater in the eyes of the British ppv paying causal, he just come up against a boxing god. Don't forget Haye was indestructible in the eyes of Brits and Wlad made him look ******.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
              What was Wilder's excuse all this time?
              Wilder's right hand was broken in his last fight. He has been projected to not fight again until next year.

Comment

I think if Fury could somehow manage to befuddle and beat Klitschko, surely Joshua can make him look quite old and done.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott. Weiland View Post
                  This.

If Wlad wins Joshua is still a world beater in the eyes of the British ppv paying causal, he just come up against a boxing god. Don't forget Haye was indestructible in the eyes of Brits and Wlad made him look ******.
                  And a b1tch..

Comment

The young heavyweights all seem to be pushing themselves and wilder is on his al Haymon bull**** chasing an easy check still..

Joshua and Klitschko is a big time fight. good to see the U.K. Taking the baton in putting on big fights.

The U.S. Has completely dropped the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott. Weiland View Post
                      This.

I think a lot depends on how he looks. Haye didn't get hit much in that fight and although Wladimir clearly won it wasn't a beat down as such. Also Haye had the 'I moved up from cruiserweight and he was just too big' excuse to help him get over the loss. If AJ gets KOed in a one-sided fight it would be pretty detrimental to his career imo

Comment

Working...
                      X