No announcement yet.

Canelo-Smith Live gate numbers per Rafael

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo-Smith Live gate numbers per Rafael

Although the overall attendance for the Canelo Alvarez-Liam Smith was 51,240 – most of the three cards held at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas -- paid attendance was 46,115 (including the 8,143 in the stadium's suites), the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation told ESPN.com on Thursday in response to an open records request related to their Sept. 17 event. The live gate was $5,037,900. There were 5,125 complimentary tickets given away. In 2010, Manny Pacquiao headlined two cards at the stadium. His welterweight world title fight against Joshua Clottey drew an announced crowd of 50,994 with a paid attendance of 46,371. Pacquiao's junior middleweight title fight against Antonio Margarito, in which Pacquiao won a vacant belt to become the only fighter in boxing history to win a world title in eight weight classes, drew an announced crowd of 41,734 with a paid attendance of 30,437.
    Source: http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=2...693486638501-4

Very interesting. For the record, Canelo-Cotto posted a live gate of $12.5m, Canelo-Khan live gate was $7.4m, while Golovkin-Lemieux live gate was little over $2M

Thus in total, both the live gate and the PPV viewership has sufffered.

Did Jerry Jones pay GPB & Canelo a site fee?

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post

Very interesting. For the record, Canelo-Cotto posted a live gate of $12.5m, Canelo-Khan live gate was $7.4m, while Golovkin-Lemieux live gate was little over $2M

there's a billion hispanics in america.

of course canelo vs a another known hispanic boxer would be more.

how many kazahks in america????

the fact that canelo's lead isnt bigger is quite telling.

he's suppose to be this new cash cow yet he isnt any better.

he cant speak english and does not have a charming endearing personality. he is stale, stoic. does not move the meter.

Comment

lol over 5k free tix?? So they actually sold less than Pacquiao, interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post

and bill russell sucks as a singular nba talent.

i dare you to challenge that notion.

i double, triple, quadruple dare you to challenge that notion.

watch what happens.

Comment

his popularity keeps falling while ggg's keeps rising. soon he won't be a-side and will kill himself

Comment

still only sold 100k ppvs lol, the so called face of the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by BlakBread904 View Post
                Did Jerry Jones pay GPB & Canelo a site fee?
                I could be wrong but I thought I remembered reading in one of Dan Rafael's chats that Jerry Jones paid a $5M site fee and got to keep the gate.

Comment

Damn! Pacquiao vs Margarito, those names vs Alvarez vs WHO? Liam Smith?

Alvarez bigger than Pac and Margo combined in the Lone Star State!

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
                    and bill russell sucks as a singular nba talent.

i dare you to challenge that notion.

i double, triple, quadruple dare you to challenge that notion.

watch what happens.
                    Your a f.ucking ******, ,Russel is the greatest winner in NBA history and can be in the conversation as one of the greatest winners in all of sports

The gates A disappointment the biggest name in boxing and manufactured Mexican superstar did less then Pac/Margs & Pac / Clottey in Texas

Comment

Working...
                    X