Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin-Jacobs: WBA Denies Request To Modify Purse Bid Split

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
    different sanctioning bodies have different rules. The WBC it seems gives more weight to the "Interim" title than the WBA does and as such they reward them with a higher split......

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
      Well, the WBA did mandate Golovkin/Fletcher and K2 was able to convince them not to force that fight, but then that's how Danny got his title. Maybe Eubank saves the day and throws himself on the Blanco grenade?

As for what you said about Danny - you're just a hater. Danny had cancer and he's the face of Brooklyn Boxing in Pennsylvania! He'll get 1.3 Peter Quillin's for a Caeleb Truax rematch on the next Danny Garcia tune-up fight undercard.
      Didn't he already vacate it instead? I could see him doing that though and saying it's on his path to GGG and he's building it up. I wouldn't put it past him. And the WBA will be all for it because it means more money for them.

Danny has leverage... he has that Brooklyn Barclay Belt... Golovkin doesn't even have a MSG belt

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
        And you're one of them parading around as a fan of the sport. While your bias for a certain group pours thru your pores.

No fan of the sport would be ok with Jacobs vacating like you are.
        certain group? Please elaborate

And I'm not ok with it and never said that. I said oh well cause thats all i can do and you too. I want it to happen much more than GGG fans do.

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
          but both Jacobs and Golovkin are champs, why no 60/40 split??
          Because Jacobs isn't the Interim Champion.

The Interim Champion is supposed to act as the active champion while the regular is out injured. Wouldn't be fair for a guy to be defending champion but when the injured fighter comes back he gets the split of a challenger.

WBA's regular belt is just a tool the WBA uses to collect fees.

So technically WBC's Interim Championship holds more weight than WBA's current version of the Regular Championship.

It's confusing because WBA is a bunch of greedy ****s that are taking advantage of the system.

Comment

This is enough for Jacobs to weasel out. Look for him to join the ranks of all those who has ducked GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
              certain group? Please elaborate

And I'm not ok with it and never said that. I said oh well cause thats all i can do and you too. I want it to happen much more than GGG fans do.
              No its ok....next fight
              Yawn

Comment

Ok, now we're passed that. Make he fight.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                  Yawn

So nothing about the certain group you confused me with huh.

And yes

Comment

Doesnt Al Haymon care about paying his fighters well?? He could just bid $12M for the fight, so Jacobs gets his $3M right?

Comment

So nothing about the certain group you confused me with huh.

And yes
                      I don't have time to be going through people's post history and I doubt it goes back that far anyway. I've been here long enough and seen plenty of your posts.

You DEFINITELY DIDN'T say "it was ok" doe.

Comment

Working...
                      X