Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin-Jacobs: WBA Denies Request To Modify Purse Bid Split

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

they stuck to their rules, i am surprised, now call for the damn purse bid so that we can see a good fight.

Comment

Jacobs don't want none! Never did!

Comment

i guess the fight is not happening GGG and his hos can celebrate another great year of boxing demonic wade. kell broke insert random can because no way al is paying GGG 75% smfh

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
          Jacobs don't want none! Never did!
          "GGG didn't take the 60/40 offer because he's ducking" will happen shortly. It'll have a new thread about it and everything.

Comment

Well, that's that. 75-25 is terrible. I don't like 60-40 either. Such a shame they couldn't find common ground between 30-35%.

Comment

It'll be interesting to see how much K2 thinks this fight is worth. I know Jacobs isn't Canelo but other than Canelo this is the most anticipated fight for GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by k1llu View Post
                i guess the fight is not happening GGG and his hos can celebrate another great year of boxing demonic wade. kell broke insert random can because no way al is paying GGG 75% smfh
                Sure it is GGGs fault that the fight isn't going to happen.

No GGG fan is celebrating if the fight doesn't happen, but lets put the blame on the fighter not taking the fight instead of the other guy. It's GGG's fault that Canelo vacated his belt, its GGG's fault that Jacobs vacated his belt... its GGG's fault that he wins every belt via "vacate", everyone else is innocent.

Comment

So what now? 10 days and we have an actual purse bid and then Jacobs drops out if it's not like 10 million. This blows.

Comment

Originally posted by k1llu View Post
                    Al doesn't have to pay GGG 75%. This is an open bid. Any promoter in good standing with the WBA can bid on the fight

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                      Well, that's that. 75-25 is terrible. I don't like 60-40 either. Such a shame they couldn't find common ground between 30-35%.
                      I'm sure an offer like that is on the table. For example, if K2 proposes that Golovkin gets 2.9 million and jacobs gets 1.6 million, that is about 35% of the pot that Jacobs would get. But now Jacobs has to either take that offer or go to purse bid. It gives him more incentive to take that offer instead of likely making less after a purse bid.

Comment

Working...
                      X